Translate

Wednesday 7 May 2014

Must Read for Batman Fans!: Gotham TV series trailer!

I just saw this on Empire Magazine website and as I'm a big fan of Batman I just had to put this on here, for your viewing pleasure please see below:

 
This is Fox's attempt at making an awesome, modern, action-packed origins TV series that can hopefully follow in the footsteps of Christopher Nolan's amazing modern update of the Bruce Wayne/Batman story,-which if you ask me is a very hard thing to do, as this for me looks already like this TV series will be a dumbed down action packed version using some of the characters from the original story such as a young Jim Gordon, a young Selena "Catwoman" Kyle who will be played in this TV series by Camren Bicondova and a young Alfred Pennyworth who will be played in this TV series by Sean Pertwee and some of the villains from the other Batman films such as a young Mr. Edward Nygma who will be played in this TV series by Cory Michael Smyth, Oswald Cobblepot a.k.a The Penguin who will be played in this TV series by Robin Taylor, Poison Ivy who will be played in this TV series by Claire  which does for me feels slightly disappointing as this makes me think that this TV series might be another X:Men:Wolverine Origins and we all know how that turned out to be (very crap!), but I suppose it has to be somewhat dumbed down for a TV series as you can't really have that same amount of action and explosions as I imagine there wasn't the same budget for all of the explosions,- which follows the stereotypical young inexperienced Jim Gordon played by Ben McKenzie (who you may or may not recognise from Southland and The OC) who has a bit of a past, note the:
 
"...haven't you ever killed anyone before..."  Gordon's response:
"...yes but that was when I was a soldier..."
 
partnered up to a much older experienced policeman who's going to show him the ropes, who is played by Donal Logue (who you may or may not recognise from Max Payne as Alex who was a policeman who was killed after looking in to the death of Max Payne's wife for a drug that made soldiers think they were seeing angels and demons) with the crime kingpin in this series not being Falcone but seeming to have been replaced by Jayda Pickett-Smith's crime boss Fish Moody who Empire Magazine says is rumoured to own a comedy club where The Joker will be introduced into the story of the series.
 
Danny Cannon will direct this new series, there's no air date for the pilot of Gotham or even a date for when the full series of Gotham will air either so I guess we will just have to wait and see if this new series will be a hit or not,-but I think it has definitely peaked my interest to see whether or not its any good or not but I think it's fair for me to say that even though I don't have Fox TV and that I am a big fan of Batman and if I did have Fox TV I think I would definitely watch this-.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment