Translate

Thursday 6 October 2016

I've just got the Bat signal-sorry for the pun- when "Suicide Squad" is set for release on DVD and other DVD's are out Part 1 Of 2

I am soooo excited to get this email through my inbox from Amazon and I just had to put this up on here.

! Warning this article may contain spoilers ! 

As I really enjoyed "Suicide Squad" when I went to see the film at the cinema regardless of its faults as I thought it was very see through right from the start that this story with how Amanda Waller's played by Viola Davies has the idea of putting together the worst of the worst villains that had been caught by Batman played by Ben Affleck as in the case of DeadShot played by Will Smith and Harley Quinn played by Margot Robbie with Killer Croc played by Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Captain Boomerang played by Jai Courtney, El Diablo played by Jay Hernandez and a 3,000 year old witch Enchantress played by Cara Delevingne to form task force X and co-operate with the government in the wake of Batman vs Superman's battle and so as to stop as Amanda Waller puts it in the film: "What's to stop Superman flying down and taking the president out of the White House?" that something really bad is bound to happen with the witch that has supernatural powers and can't be controlled...and of course letting her out really does turn out to be a disaster as she turns all who come into contact with her into her alien soldiers and of course there isn't just her there is also her brother that she lets out and the only way to stop him is El Diablo who can manipulate fire and put the fire wherever he wants.

But the film in my opinion is disappointing with like most critics say that Jared Leto who really does in my opinion steal the show as well as Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn, and really does look the part of a deranged psychopath that you really don't want to mess with because you just don't know what he's going to do or what or when he's going to get ticked off with you...that's now I think about it probably down to in part the wardrobe department on the film and partially down to Jared Leto's method acting skills, but you don't see very much of him in the film all you get to see are little snippets of him in the film such as when Batman first tracks him and Harley Quinn down and he escapes but Harley Quinn gets captured and sent to Belle Reve, when the Joker first finds out where Harley Quin is being held and is planning how to get her out along with the microchip that is implanted in her neck, how to get a message to Harley Quinn in the form of getting a phone into Belle Reve with the help of Griggs who is a guard at Belle Reve, how the Joker and Harley Quinn first met, what happened to Harley Quinn after meeting him and how right at the end of the film he finally goes in to Belle Reve himself in order to get her out.

But apart from this, this film is an action packed film with some comic moments such as how Captain Boomerang doesn't like anyone touching his toy unicorn or the most qualified army trained person Rick Flagg that she puts in charge of this task force at one point gets into trouble more than once and has to be helped out by the bad guys, and is in my opinion definitely a film to put in your DVD collection to have readily available for when there is nothing to watch on TV. I do realise though that nowadays people do stream films or download them but this statement I have just written does in my opinion still stand.

Anyhew I digress...as I am a huge fan of Batman (apart from the Christopher Nolan Batman films my favourite Batman films have to be the Tim Burton directed Batman films especially "Batman" with Jack Nicholson playing The Joker) and of Jared Leto's band 30 Seconds to Mars I just had to see this film and like with the new Jason Bourne film I just had to pre-order this film right after I had seen it at the cinema...but until this morning I couldn't find any release date information for when I would receive this DVD through my mailbox and thankfully I do now 5th December...so I just thought that this is definitely a date for the diary and as it's close to Christmas it could in my opinion make a very good gift idea for Christmas.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment