Translate

Wednesday 8 August 2018

NEW! MUSIC CATCH UP! PART I

I have been meaning to put this NEW! MUSIC up sooner but I have had to unfortunately put this on the back burner due to going on holiday and then a couple of weeks later I got sick...just when things were going so well typical!

Anyhew...you may or may not have heard that Shakira has released another single with Maluma
"Clandestino" and there is now a music video, here is the YouTube.com link to have a little look at it and see what you think:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DhA69K3fZ4

This is definitely one to get you dancing along to and I have to say that I can't stop playing this as it sounds so holiday to the annoyance of my sisters who must have now heard this song a hundred times. I also urge you if you haven't yet you need to buy or download her album "El Dorado" this is just so nice to listen to as this to me just sounds so holiday-e plus I defy you to not want to dance around to any of these songs.

I still don't know why this including the many other Shakira songs, J balvin, J balvin x Nicky Jam or the NEW! Pharrell Williams and Camilla Cabello song that is just made for holidays does not get played on the radio.

If you haven't heard any J Balvin songs including "Mi Gente" then you should take a little listen to these songs including his new song from his album "Vibras" "No Es Justo" ft Lennox and Zion the video is just so funny with the little Minnie me's of each other, if you haven't seen this yet here is the YouTube.com link for you to take a little look at:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zn4dAuZ2RU

Also to pop it on here whilst I'm thinking of songs that can keep you in the holiday frame of mind...you should give Malum's album a little listen to.

And as I've mentioned this previously "J Balvin x Nicky Jam" you should give this a listen to if you haven't yet herd of this...but you might have already heard this as before I went on holiday Capital Radio were giving this a lot of plays not the home of new music Radio 1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_I_D_8Z4sJE

Ok I've tried to hold back as much as I can when it comes to Radio 1 not playing new music or any up and coming music in this post but I just have to get this off my chest...yesterday Dev thought it would be funny to tell the nation that a new up and coming band had got in contact with him and asked for him to play their new record but he couldn't be bothered to open the link to their music or the e-mail and he just said if you want to get your music played you have to go through the BBC introducing pages but that's shameful I think for a radio station that is suppose to have the motto "In New Music We Trust"...I guess this motto died the day that Zane Lowe left the radio station, and I've seen these pages and this to me just seems like a big waste of time as a lot of the bands on these pages don't even get picked up until their is a new music festival and then when this concert gets aired on tv everyone wonders why the crowd are looking not impressed...because no one has heard of the song they're playing and unless it's a mindless song like the one that Radio 1 played yesterday called "Shotgun" this could take up to a year to never to get any airplay!...I really tried to listen to this song yesterday and I thought "Ok this sounds like it could be cool" but then the chorus kicked in and I thought "god I'll give this girl a shotgun just to shut up this is so bad".

I bet this band thought they'd done really well to find out what Dev's e-mail address was and I have just thought that I have heard that as part of their license agreement Radio 1 have got to get more 18-25 years olds listening and this song may not have sounded like it would appeal to this age group but if the station played more new music and didn't just leave this up to new music being played on Fridays or to Annie Mac and more of a range of genre's this could solve the problem instead of just playing bubble gum pop crap like Taylor Swift or Little Mix all the time!

Ok...I'm taking a big deep breath in right now and this rant is now officially over....and I bet your thinking to your self "Thank god that's over!"

No comments:

Post a Comment