Translate

Thursday 26 July 2012

New Music!

The other day I was on Entertainment Weekly's website and I stumbled on these sound bites of new music from 'Pink', 'The Killers' and 'Nelly Furtado'.

And I have heard the very exciting news that has got me boucing around and has definitly improved my Monday morning that the music video for their new song 'Settle Down' off their new album that you will be able to see at 8:00pm tonight on the E! channel, Vevo and on their website www.nodoubt.com

I am a massive No Doubt fan and I was hugely excited when I heard that they were coming back with a new album, and now I have heard this I can't wait to see the music video for this...so I don't want to sound too corny by using the words of the white rabbit from 'Alice In Wonderland' but:

"I don't want to be late for this very important date"

Also if like me you want to have a little listen to 'Settle Down' then go over to www.nodoubt.com now and press play and if you want to get your hands on the single then you can get it now over at Itunes.com.

This song has definitly cheered me up to no end as it's Monday and it is raining here in the UK again...this rain at the moment seems to be never ending! But when I put this on it instantly made me want to dance and mentally it transported me to somewhere much more sunnier than where I'm sat at the moment which I'm all for because I'd love it if just for once there could be a summer but then again when I think of this track and other 'No Doubt' songs I am instantly reminded that all of these have a summery sound to them and I think coupled with my other favourite song by 'Swayze- Buzzin' that your instantly transported to somewhere else immediately:

 

                                       


                                       
etc
                                       
                                 
And now here is the new video 'Settle Down'....I was reading the commets that people had written about this video and I have to say one caught my eye saying that this was a very disappointing video for such a big comeback....this I know is someone's opinion but this video is just them having a party and with them coming back what better way to celebrate their comeback than to have a get together and a party, even on the top of a truck (very rock 'n' roll!)


I don't know how any of the band managed to get on top of these trucks and keep looking down the camera without looking absolutly petrified....I think if I were asked to do this I would have a hard time not wanting to look down and having a severe case of vertigo! 
 

Also here is the the link for you to hear Pink's new song 'Blow me One last Kiss':

http://music-mix.ew.com/2012/07/02/pink-blow-me-one-last-kiss/

This is co-produced by Kelly Clarkson, I like this but then again I'm just so excited to hear anything from Pink as I absolutely love her music from her first album to 'Perfect'...and I can't wait to here what the other songs are going to be like.

Here is the link to hear Nelly Furtado's 'Spirit Indestructable' video link:

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ej3SmDScjjY

This new track seems to me...well it sounds a little bit like her other single 'Big Hoops (the bigger the better) as the track starts, I've just had another listen to Big Hoops to see if this is a valid point that I'm making but I've just realised that they've used the same slowed down intro then it but I still like it and think that although it uses this it may sound a bit similiar but doesn't sound the same...which I like as I hate it when I hear a band/singer that I like make one really good song and then when their second song comes out it sounds exactly the same as their last song....really turns me off wanting to buy their album!

Here is the new song 'Runaways' by 'The Killers' video link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMbyWSGYUgc&feature=youtu.be

This sounds like their getting back to their first album which me and my sisters played to death so much so that when I uploaded this album to my iPod that is for me a must listen to album some of the songs sound a little bit scratched....but I am glad that The Killers are back as they to me only sound at their best when they are a team (come to think of it now this is also true for when Oasis were still trying to churn out songs before they decided to go their separate ways) and I think this is true with Brandon Flowers solo career and with the saxophonist committing suicide this is a probably a very good thing that their back together.

The new album of their 'Battle Born' is out on 18.09.12!




No comments:

Post a Comment