Translate

Tuesday 9 April 2013

Imagine Dragons "Night Visions" Album Review

I know this album has been out for a while now and I have already got this album but I've just wanted to do a post on these guys for ages so I thought that I'd do one today.

I've recently just been on a bit of a buying binge lately with CD's as I've been pre-ordering Imagine Dragons, Pheonix's "Bankrupt",-which has just arrived today- Paramore's "Now" and 30 Seconds to Mars' "Love Lust Faith +Dreams", I have to say that all these little packages from Amazon that keep arriving get me feeling very excited and make me feel like a kid on Christmas morning when you see first thing in a morning all the presents that you got from Santa Claus.

Anyhew... I have to also say that I've been meaning to write a review of the new Imagine Dragons album that came out on April 1st...if you've not got this yet I urgently advice you to get a copy of this NOW! as it is a must listen to debut album.


Track Listing:

1. Radioactive
2. TipToe
3.It's Time
4. Demons
5.On Top Of The World
6. Amsterdam
7. Hear Me
8. Every Night
9.Bleeding Out
10.Underdog
11.Nothing Left To Say/Rocks
12. Cha-Ching (Till We Grow Older)
11. Working Man




                            

I have to be honest and say that everyday since I got this album that I've been playing this none stop morning noon and night on my CD player and I was reading the other day on Rollingstone Magazine's website that they had done a Top 100 of the best debut albums and since I've listened to this and probably drove my parents crazy with listening it so much that this album has to be included in this as well as Paramore's Now album, the fantastic new album "Save Rock and Roll" from Fall Out Boy,and I think this may be the album of the summer as I really think with how bad the weathers been lately that you could put this CD on and feel like you have a few friends over and having a few drinks in the sun or if you were going to have a house party...this I have just thought would definitly have to be any and everybody's party mix and it definitly is a fantastic album to make you think your driving down the roads to have a lovely summery drink sat outside at a pub.

I have to say that eventhough "It's Time" is at number 30 on the chart I can't believe with how amazing this is that more people aren't thinking the same or listening to it as I think that it definitly needs to be in the Top 10...but come to think about it any of these songs from the album could be in the Top 10.

 





 
 


A few of  my favourite stand out tracks from the album are definitly "It Time", "Bleeding Out", "Radioactive". I love the in Bleeding Out the lyrics "When the wolves all cry/to fill the night with howlering" as well as the phat drum and guitar sound on the track as well as the chorus "I bear my skin/and I count my sins/and I close my eyes/and I take it in/I'm bleeding out/I'll bleed out for you/For You".
 
I saw on VEVO yesterday the brand spanking NEW! music video for one of my favourite songs on the album "Demons", I have to say that I think this video is really cool showing them performing this track live but I think this definitly has vibes of what Papa Roach did in their video for "Last Resort" with the camera keeping zoning in on a couple different people in the crowd.
 
There are lots more favourites on here but I'm only going to put a taster of the album "Night Visions" on here for you as I don't want to spoil it all for you!

"Rocks" and "Working Man" really have a cool reggae sound to them making just about every track on this album amazing with each of them sounding really different to the last track as there are some tracks that use a lot of synths, drums, guitars and other tracks are a bit different with just singing on and it's not such an instrumental backed track that you just listened to making it really hard to choose which one is your favorite and it might just be me but for me this album since I first listened to it has been all I want to listen to at the moment and every track has made me just want to get up and dance to it,-I understand that on tracks like "Hear Me" and "Demons" you can't really dance to them-.
 
But even though these tracks are a little harder to dance to they are still my favourites!





No comments:

Post a Comment