Translate

Tuesday 29 May 2018

LOOKS LIKE CBS TV AREN'T THE ONLY ONE'S THAT WANT TO REBOOT MAGNUM P.I FOR TV!

I was perusing the Internet the other day as my sister had told me she'd heard on the grapevine that some tv station in America was going to be rebooting Magnum P.I and that it was going to be produced by Eva Longoria but she didn't know which tv station this was or if this was true or just a rumour.

So I of course googled this to find out more...and I saw on Deadline.com's website that Universal TV, Eva Longoria's UnbeliEVAble Entertainment and  through his banner Kung Fu Monkey John Rogers has picked from a catalogue of titles owned by Universal to be rebooted "Magnum P.I"...according to Deadline.com's website:

"...They identified "Magnum P.I" as particularly viable and relevant, and Rogers unlocked a way in with Thomas Magnum's daughter that he took custody of in the show's finale..."

According to this same article on Deadline.com's website this TV reboot will follow Lily "Tommy" Magnum who returns to Hawaii to pick up the mantle of her father's P.I firm. Her and her friends will mix tropical beaches with the seedy underbelly of international crime and modern day espionage, whilst she tries to find out what happened with the blown undercover operation that her father was killed in...

This although this website says it's suppose to be action packed sounds to me like it's going to be more in line with "Baywatch" and that was bloody hilarious!

John Rogers who created "Leverage" will write the script for this as well as executive produce through his banner Kung Fu Monkey alongside Eva Longoria's UnbeliEVAble Entertainment and Ben Spector along with Kung Fu Monkey's Jennifer Court, and since UnbeliEVAble Entertainment is under an overall deal with Universal and is based there as well as Universal already owning the original rights to "Magnum P.I" Universal will be the studio that this rebooted series will be distributed by.

No comments:

Post a Comment