Translate

Tuesday 3 April 2012

The Sweeney Trailer...Exclusive First Look!



This is the exclusive trailer for 'The Sweeney' with Ben Drew (Plan B) and Ray Winstone which is released on 21st September 2012.

Ray Winstone plays a 'hardened' detective in the Flying Squad of London's Metropolitan Police Force-that's Jack Regan who if your like me and if like me your not really sure what the story is then I'll fill you in.

In the original TV series that was on during the 70's John Thaw (who played 'Morse') played the title role of Jack Regan and Denis Waterman (who has recently been in 'New Tricks'). And in this original series Regan uses methods to fight crime that is underhand and often illegal...but he still got the job done at the end of the day.

Anyhew...this story has been followed in this new film and this looks like it has been made to feel gritty and British by the way it's been filmed but now that I've seen the cast list for the film my thinking that this film has been given the same feel and look of one of my favorite film 'Snatch'...and I have to say I think that this film was one of Guy Ritchie's best. I say this as Steven Mackintosh who was in 'Lock Stock, Two Smoking Barrels' as one of the posh boys who deals drugs for Harry and that's played by Alan Ford.

So with Nick Love being one of the writers of this as well as directing this and the fact that he has done other gritty British films such as 'The Business', 'The Football Factory' etc you can guess that there's going to be a fair bit of punches thrown.

Anyhew...apart from this in the trailer you can see that along with this old fashioned themed British punch up film there looks to be like good old car chases.

This looks like everything has been kept very true to the original TV series with the car chases and the writing and directing.

So I really can't wait to see this as I love all these kinds of things in films and really looking forward to seeing the relationship with Plan B and Ray Winstone.

No comments:

Post a Comment