Translate

Monday 2 April 2012

Halloween series is rebooting!

When I read this on Shock Till You Drop I had to admit that I thought 'Why doesn't Halloween die with dignity?'

Apparently says Shock Till You Drop:

"...Dimension is fielding interest from various companies...and Platinum Dunes just happens to be one of those contenders."

Also Shock Till You Drop reports that:

"...pitches are being fielded for a straight-up continuation of what Rob Zombie created and another reboot is being considered".

This is at the moment is just going round the rumour mill so  it might go up in smoke and lead to nothing like so many other films have in the past...but you never know if it does get pushed to the forefront and is put back into our cinemas so you could say that there is a 50/50 chance that Platinum Dunes does in fact team up with Dimension Films to make this film a reality.

But I have to say that I first saw 'Halloween H20:20 years Later' when I was 6yrs old and this as you can imagine has fucked me up no end when it comes to anything with a bit of horror, suspense or thrills in...and even then it was scary as hell and I just thought that this series of films about the psychotic serial killer Michael Myers and having his revenge on his sister played by Jamie Lee Curtis was good then and like so many films that get rebooted today it never is anything as good as the original and all you end up feeling is afterward you have gone to the cinema to watch this reboot is, 'That was awful why didn't they just leave this film alone?'

I'm thinking here Platinum Dunes own reboot of 'Nightmare on Elm Street', 'Friday the 13th', 'Beauty and the Beast', 'Gnomeo and Juliet' and I'm sure you can think of many more that I am having trouble thinking of at the moment but you get the gist that there are a lot of film versions of stories that have been made over and over and over until you could be sick if you saw another version of it into reboot that have been sooo rubbish that they thankfully have been swept under the carpet or slunk away into the dark sooo quickly that you as moviegoers and film critics quickly forget that reboot was ever made so the directors and producers can go on and make another film quickly and hopefully better so that they can if possible get awards for the new film and be better remembered for that film, but in my experience,-ie when a director or actor comes on the TV and my parents ask who that is I always find myself saying to them 'Oh that's such and such who did that awful film about this or that-.

Anyhew...I digress the point that I'm trying to make is that back in it's heyday there were all these different Halloween films that scare the bajezzes out of cinemagoers by having all these different situations with Michael Meyers in but I just get the feeling that this might just be  just a desperate attempt to make a really good reboot as the master of scary Wes Craven has already made a comeback of the 'Scream' movies that got people talking.


No comments:

Post a Comment