Translate

Tuesday 24 June 2014

Review: Ed Sheeran's "X"

I have to say before I can say anything about this album, that I am such a huge fan of Ed Sheeran that this might just be a little bit of a biased review, and that as I am a huge fan I of course had to pre-order this album in the deluxe edition of course even if there was five like 5 additional songs that include "I See Fire" (which if you don't already know was recorded for the film "The Hobbit: The Desolation Of Smaug", and I'm also a fan of this series of films), and "All Of The Stars" (which if you don't already know was recorded for the film "The Fault In Our Stars").

And I have already heard some of the songs from the album...well it's impossible not to when "Sing" has already been released and is on the radio and that it seems like every other day leading up "X"'s release date of the 23/06/2014 Ed Sheeran has posted on his own Facebook page other songs from the album which if you ask me is good in a way as listeners can hear other songs off the album and make up their minds if they like those songs that get posted to this Facebook page and then buy the album which comes in either normal format, deluxe edition, boxset, download or in vinyl.

I of course liked "Sing" that he wrote with Pharrel Williams who you may or may not recognise from N.E.R.D or from more recently from his song "Happy" where he seems to have taken the world by storm with wearing that  misshapen Vivienne Westwood hat in the video.

 
This is just in case you hadn't seen it or if you like this song and just want to listen to the song again
 
 
I was as I had pre-ordered this like a kid at Christmas,-very excited-, and couldn't wait to get it come through my door and have the first listen to it and get to hear this song along with another song off this album which I love "One", (this may sound silly but I really like the floaty quality of the chorus in this song):
 

 
I have to say though that this album I thought does sound different to "+" as I thought that on that album the songs varied from sounding more just him and the guitar sounds, more acoustic sounding to songs that sounded a bit beefier with some production on like:
 
 
 
 
 
 

But I do realise that that is what makes Ed Sheeran so great, is it has always just been about his voice and his acoustic guitar and he is so great because that's all he really needs to make a song so great he can even beatbox or rap on the track and it'll sound of course acoustic because it is just a voice and a guitar but he has the ability to make the song so amazing just like that and there is no need to put any additional production on it or any additional instruments like you hear on other records because that alone sounds great, tracks like these:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I don't want to put the whole of Ed Sheeran's "+" on here because you probably get the point, but also I don't want to put the whole of this album on here as if you haven't got it by now why not, well it's no matter these songs will just give you hopefully a little taster and hopefully it'll give you a reason to go out and buy it or download it now.
 
But, I thought with this album "X" or multiply that it maybe sounded like it had a more R'n'B vibe and that there was more production on these tracks and that there was more of a sound like there was additional instruments used on the tracks like:
 
 
 
 
 
But there are still songs that are still just Ed Sheeran and his guitar like:
 
 

 
 
 
But there are others depending on if your like me and have either pre-ordered the deluxe version, vinyl or the boxset version of "X" that have a different sound to them that you'll like just as much, but yet again I'm only putting these songs from the album up as you should really go get the album and these are pretty big reasons why with of course having the hobbit song on and the song to the film "The Fault In Stars", and of course the main reason that this is an Ed Sheeran album so you know it's going to be good.
 
And I also have to say that this is a well worth the wait album as I instantly love this album, and once you get it you'll want to listen to it all the time like me...probably but this album also does make good background music.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment