Translate

Friday 19 September 2014

Review: The Criterion Restaurant/The Batman restaurant to you and me!

I apologise to all of you in my last post but one I promised that I would do a review of this restaurant review and then I go and do a post about Gwen Stefani...but I'm on it now so you didn't have to wait long to wait for this.

For everyone from movie fans to lovers of food you just have to go to this restaurant 224 Piccadilly you just have to go!

You may or may not have heard of this restaurant before because they like to remain a bit of a hidden gem off the tourist beaten track so to speak and they're not very much into blanket marketing,but as I write this I have just thought that by putting a blog post on here about it that this is getting the restaurant's name out there so many more people will know about it and where it is, but this is such an amazing restaurant that it needs to be talked about not just because it is just one of the restaurants in London used as a location in the Batman films,-the other if your guessing is the restaurant in the gherkin in London,this was used in "Batman Begins" when Bruce Wayne goes to dinner with two models that go swimming in the fountain and then he bumps into Rachel played in this movie by Katie Holmes- so this is strictly a need to know classified piece of information that you definitly need to know about.

Thanks to the handy little movie locations website that I mentioned in my earlier post on here I found this restaurant as I was really wanting to see where this was as I was planning my dad's birthday one year and I thought that as he loves the other movie that this was chosen to be in "A Good Year" I thought why not take him there. Anyway this definitely did not disappoint on giving you the WOW! factor, I mean right from when you walk through the revolving doors into the actual restaurant your blown away with how amazing it is, all of its architecture is neo-byzantine but what really blew me away when I first visited it was the gold shimmering Egyptian style mosaic on the huge ceiling and the very very thirst quenching non-alcoholic pina colada's (these are a must have if you ever visit it) they are just soooo creamy coconuty flavor and really do make you feel like your on holiday.

And even though the main restaurant serves amazingly scrumshus food that is served to a very high standard with very good sometimes too good a presentation if you ask me (to be honest when some of the food came I really didn't want to eat it just in case I ruined how nice the presentation was) but it has such a relaxed atmosphere that you could if you wanted to either sit all day in the bar area and just have drinks or could have nibbles, or if you were in the restaurant area and felt so full by the end of your meal you felt like you didn't want to leave just yet then you can.

Here is the website for further information and for the all important photo gallery that you need to check out:

www.criterionrestaurant.com/

When I first heard about this restaurant I thought that it wasn't heard about that maybe because it was a celebrity haunt because it definitely looks and feels like one just like L'Avenue Resteraunt in Paris, France but I haven't heard of anyone who is a celebrity going here...but they do seem to be choosing The Chiltern Firehouse Resteraunt of late,-the latest celebrities to be spotted there are the actor Aaron Taylor Johnson and his wife-.

No comments:

Post a Comment