Translate

Friday 17 March 2017

I think your going to need to sit down for this one...Ridley Scott wants to make a "Gladiator 2"

I read this the other day on Den Of Geek's website and I have to say I still don't know what to make of it...is it a joke or has Ridley Scott lost his mind?

I know this sounds a little bit harsh to say about Ridley Scott who is a directing legend but seriously?! a "Gladiator 2", and also according to Den Of Geek's website and Entertainment Weekley's website Ridley Scott wants Russell Crowe back to make it with him.

HAS RIDLEY SCOTT LOST HIS MARBLES!....IS THIS A JOKE!

I think I'm going to need to sit down for this along with perhaps a very strong drink of something because this to me just seems unbelievable...why or how could you possibly make another "Gladiator"?.

I do realise that I might be overreacting to this news just a bit but this film is I have to be honest one of my all time favourite films and although it won five Oscars and was awesome and how can you replicate something that amazing or even make another film like that because I thought that everything was settled and put to bed at the end of the film...if your like me and have watched this film then you know what I mean but if you haven't seen it why the hell not? if not I'll fill in the blanks for you, Commadeus who was played by Joaquim Pheonix kills his father Marcus Aurelius in order to get the thrown and because he was mad that his father wanted Maximus to take the thrown giving power back to Rome not him...and he killed Maximus's wife and child and tried to kill him because of this but also because he wouldn't continue to be leader of the armies of the north and wanted to go home as promised by Marcus Aurelius, and because he wouldn't let it go that he thought Commadeus's father had been murdered and not just died in his sleep, so Maximus becomes a slave who was sold to Oliver Reed who trains him to become a Gladiator and he then meets Commadeus in Rome in the Coliseum and plots with Lucinda Commadeus's sister and a politician who also thinks that the politicians in charge of Rome are corrupt to kill Commadeus, but Commadeus finds out about this plot and threatens to kill Lucinda if she doesn't give him an heir or if she even looks at him in a manner that displeases him. He then arrests the politician that was part of this plot as well as the other Gladiators but he chains Maximus up and stabs him in the side but still wants him ready to fight him in the Coliseum so that Commadeus can kill him but they both end up dead.

So you can see what I mean by saying that how on earth could you do another "Gladiator" film, but according to Ridley Scott who was at the Nat Geo Further Base Camp festival who was there to promote yet another "Alien" film,-doesn't this series of films ever die!- "Alen:Covenant" that:

"I know how to bring him back"

He went on to say that:

"I was having this talk with the studio-'but he's dead'. But there is a way of bringing him back. Whether it will happen I don't know. Gladiator was 2000, so Russell's changed a little bit. He's doing something right now but I'm trying to get him back down here. "

So it sounds like to me Ridley Scott is saying if there is a will from film studios to make a "Gladiator 2" then he'll make it and that he wants to do this with Russell Crowe.

No comments:

Post a Comment