Translate

Saturday 23 March 2013

Exclusive: Justin Timberlake Mirrors video!







I was perusing Entertainment Weekly's website and this came up and I just couldn't resist putting it up here for your perusal and comments to see what you think of it. I also wanted to say a huge congratulations to Elissa Franceschi for becoming the single of the week on Radio 1 with "Salt" and for getting the unbelivable amount of 100+% of fans pledging on her PledgeMusic page for her to do her next album.

I always thought that the world needed to hear her music and when they heard any of her tracks people would instantly love her music! Well done to her brother Josh Franceshi from You Me At Six for giving this track to them at Radio 1...the boy done good! If like me and you didn't get to hear this amazing song then you can tune into Radio 1 at 9pm on Thursday...this I'll definitly be tuning in for!

Anyhew...I realise I'm going off topic and I have to admit that when I first heard "Mirrors" by Mr. JT I didn't really like it I thought it was a bit mushy and that it went on a bit. But now that I've seen the new music video I do think that it may be just a tad soppy,- (I realise now that I've just read this that this may make me sound a bit heartless but I do have to say that I listened yesterday to Mr.JT's 20/20 on Deezer yesterday and I do have to say that the sound of his new music is very different)...but I can't really be too harsh on Justin Timberlake as I do have to say that it's still really catchy like his other songs and I do find myself wanting to get up and dance to this song be it that it'll never be up to Mr. JT's standard

And although this is a bit of a soppy story with it being about a couple through the years it is a nice story...and the elderly couple are doing some sort of slow synchronized blades of glory dance at the beginning of the video which looks a bit weird, but I have to say that I think that I think that he is showing off with his dancing at the end of the video really isn't needed but also I don't thing it's really needed to have a dancer who could move like a pussy cat doll with her acrobatic flexing and keeping doing this but also showing off how she is so anorexic with how you can see her ribs really isn't needed I don't think.

This might make me sound a little bit ponsy and snobby but to me this music sounds a bit more chilled more mature r'n'b from him...could reflect where he is in life...this could just be me though reading too much into this though.

I have to say though that I haven't used Deezer before and I really don't know why but now that I've started to used it I love it as I thought that it really was a fantastic free service to listen to tracks that I wasn't really sure that I wanted to buy via Itunes or Amazon.

If you want to have a little perusal over to Deezer and a little gander at what this album sounds like here is the link below:

http://www.deezer.com/en/album/6406302

Also I did hear thanks to NME.com that the first half of the 20/20 Experience was released on March 18th and Justin Timberlake announced at the album launch for this that he had to:

"...clear up the rumours. This whole thing about this only being the first part...is true. There is another half. I'm not giving you a release date..."

However, Questlove a roots drummer who wrote on a hip-hop website Okayplayer.com in response to a negative review of this new album before saying that:

"...spoiler alert.'20/20 Volume 2' comes out in Nov (10 songs now...10 songs later=20 vision)".  





No comments:

Post a Comment