Translate

Friday 1 March 2013

Robin Hood gets spiced up!

I was just reading on Deadline New York's website that Dreamworks have just closed on a six figured deal to make yet another film about Robin Hood....but this time it won't be about the main man himself...and fingers crossed it won't star Russel Crowe struggling to do a Nottinghamshire accent that turns out to sound more like a cross between Scottish and Irish with some Nottinghamshire phrases thrown in every now and then .

No offense Russel Crowe fans...I am a big fan of him myself ever since I saw him in my all time favourite movie Gladiator I have to admit that the accent wasn't his strong point as I sat there in the cinema with my dad when it came out, and we were just sat there looking at each other and kept whispering to each other "Is it just me or is he speaking Irish".

Anyhew...Deadline says that the new pitch Merry Men that Dreamworks have gone in for was hatched in house at Original Film with Elizabeth Buraglio supervising for Origin Films, the concept is that Merry Men will be centered around at Friar Tuck, Will Scarlet, Maid Marian and little John and will be more a high concept revenge angled film more in line says Deadline with Ocean's Eleven and The Dirty Dozen....I just couldn't resist but somebody had to say it this time it'll be more revenge in tights than Robin Hood In Tights.

Neal Moritz will produce Merry Men through Original Film, Brad Inglesby has written the script for this along with Scott Waugh directing, and through Bandito Bros. Scott Waugh will also produce Merry Men and Tony Ascher will executive produce.



No comments:

Post a Comment