Translate

Thursday 14 March 2013

WTF! Veronica Mars gets a movie!

I know that MTV USA posted this news story yesterday but I just saw it today and my eyes are now popping wide open in disbelief at this.

This may make me sound a tad sad but I saw a couple of episodes of this when E4 used to show this and I don't know why or how you would want do this movie. I just thought that although this maybe exciting for the fans who showed that there clearly is a lot of love for this as through a Kickstart campaign which according to MTV USA is well known for helping out indie filmmakers get their films off the ground the fans of this show managed to raise more than $2 million in four hours...impressive!

But I just thought that when I saw this there was the whodunnit murder while they were at high school of Vernonica Mars's best friend played by Amanda Seyfried and all the exciting twists and turns this took but it just ended up as an accident, then there was the whodunnit of the school bus crash that ended with the bus falling into the sea in their last year at high school and then there was the whodunnit of rapes on campus leaving girls with bits of hair missing....to me this just sounds like it could be a Hercule Poirot murder mystery that could end up as one of the many 5 afternoon films.

But now that I think about it as I love Hercule Poirot murder mysteries it might be interesting if there were a film with him.

All I can say though is the story has to be really good to make it a worthwhile thing to have made it as Rob Thomas who made the series originally has managed with this to get Warner Bros. to back this now and it's said that production for this is going to start this summer and it's penciled in for a release date of early 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment