Translate

Wednesday 22 October 2014

Alexander Wang and H & M...now there's an interesting collaboration!

Yes, Yes I know that I haven't written anything on here for a while now but my trusty old Sony Vaio who has been through thick and thin with me has finally packed up and there were too many viruses that it kept getting so I had to trade it in for something a little newer... a HP Pavillion which is awesome and it has a little added bonus which I am absolutely loving beatsaudio sound system making all the songs I listen to on here sound that bit sharper, and thank goodness I got this when I did as I had been computer surfing which I strongly recommend no one ever does if they are like me and find themselves in dire need of a laptop as their old one has packed up on them, this I can tell you was definitely not fun to do as all the other laptops that I was using had touchscreen and I absolutely hate it!

In case your wondering what I'm talking about when I say computer surfing I mean like sofa surfing when you don't have a place to stay I was using other peoples laptops when they weren't on theirs.

Anyhew...let's get back to the point, you may or may not know by now that H & M have done a new collaboration with fashion designer Alexander Wang and this new collection will be released on November 6th.

According to #5 Mag the football player Rio Ferdinand's magazine the collection features a variety of items including sunglasses, heavy duty jackets, socks and sweaters, and from the campaign pictures of this new collection that I've seen on Glamour's website it takes on a very sporty theme with lots of greys and blacks being used in this collection.

According to Glamour magazine's website Alexander Wang said that he was "honoured to be part of H & M's designer collaborations", and that "the work with their team is an exciting, fun process".

I have to say though that some of these items included in this collaboration do look a bit intense and maybe a little bit chavvy, like these:

The 10 things to buy from Alexander Wang x H&M    Raquel Zimmermann
 
 
I'm not sure if chavvy is the right word for these but these are massive these sunglasses and to be honest who is going to buy these sunglasses that are on what looks like you've got the sunglasses on a chain and unless you were a formula one driver who in all the pre and post interviews I have seen wear massive sunglasses or a celebrity who is going to buy these but then again I have just thought that maybe these glasses on a chain do look young, and maybe that the older gent wouldn't necessarily go for these if they were shopping about for sunglasses so maybe this collection is aimed at the young audience.
 
I just thought that me saying this may make me sound old even though I'm only 23 going on 24! But I do have to say though that these sunglasses are a bit flashy though and not really my cup of tea.
  


The pictures on the above left and mainly the jacket on the model (Raquel Zimmermann) below looks a bit intense. And I definitely think that this model has been photoshoped as her waist looks impossibly tiny! but then again she is a model!

Anyhew this collection isn't even out yet and celebrities such as rihanna have been out and about giving the paparazzi and the public a little sneak peak of just some of the things to come. Here are just some of the other items in the collection:

The 10 things to buy from Alexander Wang x H&M  The 10 things to buy from Alexander Wang x H&M  The 10 things to buy from Alexander Wang x H&M  The 10 things to buy from Alexander Wang x H&M  The 10 things to buy from Alexander Wang x H&M  The 10 things to buy from Alexander Wang x H&M  The 10 things to buy from Alexander Wang x H&M  The 10 things to buy from Alexander Wang x H&M  The 10 things to buy from Alexander Wang x H&M 

This does definitely achieve the sporty look that Alexander Wang was going for, but hopefully this and the fact RiRi wore some of these will drive up sales as let's face it it is probably the reason why Alexander Wang wanted to do this as everytime it seems that some fashion house big or small or some kind of celebrity collaborates or puts their name to H & M clothing it sells out in seconds and it gets seen all over the news that hundreds of thousands of people queue outside of the Oxford Street store just to get a look at this new collection of clothes as they all want to own it.

And this is exactly what the designer wants to do as he has said that "this will be a great way for a wider audience to experience elements of the Alexander Wang brand and lifestyle".

Also I just thought that it's not a bad idea to have these clothes out around that time of year as then is when everyone starts to think about Christmas and what ideas would make perfect gift ideas for the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment