Translate

Friday 28 April 2017

The NEW! Indiana Jones movie pushed back to 2020

I've had this news on my to blog list for a couple of days now but with all other NEW! and exciting things coming out in the last few days to do with music as well as film news I've not known what to post first...but as this has been on the list longest I've just thought I'd post this first.

Anyhew...you may already or not already know but according to The Hollywood Reporter Steven Spielberg will direct a fifth instalment of Indiana Jones and will star Harrison Ford along with the now president of Lucasfilm Kathleen Kennedy and her husband Frank Marshall.

According to Kathleen Kennedy during and interview with The Hollywood Reporter last year she said that:

" We're all trying to figure out when the right time to step back in. Harrison really wants to do it, Steven really wants to do it. We've kicked around a couple of story ideas, but beyond that, I don't know yet. I think there will be one, we'll certainly move forward with Indy. But right now, everybody just focused on "Star Wars"".

Well I just hope that after "Indiana Jones and The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull" that this has a damn good story to it as I really still don't get what the hell was going on in that film and I don't think the film makers knew either what was going on...but what I did get was that Shia LaBeof was suppose to be Indiana's son that he had with Marie from "Indiana Jones and The Raiders Of The Lost Ark" that he didn't know about, and that Cate Blanchett was a Russian army captain who was after an alien crystal skull as the alien was part of the first aliens that knew everything about everything and put all their knowledge into this crystal skull so they could leave Earth and come back when the time was right and as she wanted to know everything so as to gain power she died as it was too much for her...but I'm not really sure so don't quote me on this and somewhere in the middle Ray Winston popped up don't really know why though.

But surprisingly this because of an agreement being reached between Disney and Paramount which gives Disney control over all future films and because Disney bought LucasFilm this fifth Indiana Jones movie will be the first film without George Lucas' participation, and Paramount will retain the right to the first four films and will receive financial participation on any future films that are produced and released so says The Hollywood Reporter.

And according to Indiana Jones' 5 IMDb.com's page the new release date for this has been pencilled in for in the USA anyway 10th July 2020.

I just hope that all concerned are up to the challenge of making this fifth instalment and not more up for their zimmer frames!

No comments:

Post a Comment