Translate

Thursday 9 April 2015

EA planning a possible sequel for Need For Speed?

I saw this headline on Empire's Facebook page this morning and I have to say that it definitely piqued my interest...

Now I know that I may have not been very complimentary about this film in a previous post on here but I have given this film a go and I have to say for calling it a competition film or whatever I thought at first glance of this film I might have to eat humble pie here as I liked it...mainly because I' a massive petrol head and loved seeing all the different sorts of cars in this film especially the Ford Mustang which I'm a huge fan of these and the Bugatti Veyron at the end of the film as well as the other supercars that you see at the end of the film, because for me all those cars just steal the show it's just such a shame though like in the new "Fast and Furious 7" film to see some of these get ruined or pranged as they're such beautiful cars.

Anyhew, I digress according to Variety "...much of this would be filmed in China, with the nation's actor's also taking significant roles..."

Also according to Variety joint venture partners China Movie Channel Programme Centre, Jiaflix Enterprises and 1905 Pictures Co. along with Electronic Arts (the creators of the original videogame) are hoping to co-produce this sequel...i.e put the money up for this movie sequel.

One snag though in this seemingly brilliant idea is negotiations haven't started on acquiring the rights for "Need For Speed" as these are still owned by DreamWorks, also another snag to this is there is no directors attached and no word yet on whether or not Aaron Paul who played Tobey Marshall who was set up by his rival Dino Brewster played by Dominic Cooper to have make it look like he had stolen three cars for a street race with Dino and his best friend Pete played by Harrison Gilbert and then killed Pete and went to prison for it, Imogen Poots who played Julia who handled the money from the guy who wanted to buy from Dino Brewster the Ford Shelby and also had to ride along with him when he wanted to borrow the Ford Shelby to enter the road race of all road races in order to get Dino Brewster back or Michael Keaton who played Monarch the organiser of this road race from the first film would come back for this one.

1905 Pictures Co. is a Chinese film development company that worked with Paramount on the promotional and marketing of the film "Transformers: Age Of Extinction". But if a deal can be made though on acquiring these rights then production would begin says Variety later this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment