Translate

Friday 17 April 2015

Steve McQueen "Playboy" Chukka Boots!

I got an email from Anthony Sinclair James Bond's tailors the other day and I think this is well worth having a look at, Sanders&Sanders a family run now in the fourth generation shoemakers first established in 1873 have made the "playboy" chukka boot that was made famous by well in my opinion one of todays style icons, even Barbour have got a line of clothes inspired by him...Steve McQueen.

These in my opinion are really cool and are a must have item of clothing as why wouldn't you want a pair of shoes Steve McQueen used to wear, and I  have to say that my ears did prick up like a meerkat when this email came through into my inbox as why wouldn't you want something that one of the coolest most stylish males ever, bar James Dean, Marlon Brando, Michael Kane when he was younger etc. And in my opinion why wouldn't Barbour make a clothes range inspired by "The Cooler King", he is a style icon. I have to say that even when I first heard that Barbour were doing these jackets I rushed to my nearest store that stocked these and I tried one of these jackets on and of course it didn't fit but I didn't care as this was a McQueen jacket even my dad wanted one.

Steve McQueen and some of these mentioned actors above have even inspired some major men's fashion labels to create classic gentlemen looks such as Hugo Boss, Paul Smith, Emporio Armani, Alexander McQueen, Perisol etc. 

Anyhew...I digress according to Anthony Sinclair Steve McQueen wore these regularly both on and off the screen, these come in Chocolate Brown, Dirty Suede, Green Suede, Black Suede, Navy Suede and Snuff Suede.

These are fully leather lined and feature a bonded thick crepe sole see this link:

http://www.anthonysinclair.com/Sanders_Dark_Brown_Suede_Playboy_Chukka_Boot_p/6480tds.htm

Or if this kind of shoe isn't your kind of style then you definitely should check out the other kinds of high quality shoes this English shoemakers makes as these shoes do now that I think about it make really good ideas for Christmas presents or ideas.

Speaking about Christmas ideas or you could even get a pair of these for yourself they're that quirky, Anthony Sinclair is selling Corgi ribbed socks that was awarded in 1989 a Royal Warrant by HRH The PRINCE OF WALES after supplying him and his family with fine knitwear, Corgi first created in 1892 by Rhys Jones in the valleys of South Wales and is now carried on today by his great great grandchildren who use only the finest yarns to create cotton, wool and cashmere collections.

http://www.corgihosiery.co.uk/shop/socks-men/#js

These socks are really quirky, again I was really disappointed to see that these ribbed socks that come in multiple neon colours are only in mens...goddammit! why are all the guys getting the good stuff! I have been on Corgi's website though and they do do women's socks that are similar look at the Hand Cabled Pure Cashmere socks or the other Hand Cabled Pure Cashmere socks for £95.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment