Translate

Tuesday 7 April 2015

Jamie T new song "Marilyn Monroe"

You may or may not know that on the 6th April Jamie T's new EP "Magnolia Melancholia" was released and the other day I heard through the wonder that is the Jamie T mailing list that Hew Stephens had an exclusive play of the first single from this album "Marilyn Monroe".

If your like me and didn't get around to having a listen of this don't fear here is the youtube link to have a little listen to it now on Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH9iFp62JfY

Also if your a massive fan of Jamie T and didn't get around to it at 12:00pm today you definitely have to listen to the Alice Levine in for Fearne Cotton in the Live Lounge today as his cover was amazing!...but if you didn't get to hear it first time around this is all I'll say as I don't want to spoil it for any of you who are going to listen to this.

I have to be honest that when I first heard that this was the title of the first single from this EP my brain for some reason I don't know why but it thought that this song was a cover of Pharrel Williams' song 'Marilyn Monroe', thankfully after giving this a listen this isn't a cover but it does now I think about it make me wonder if you could do an indie cover of a Pharrel Williams song?

Anyhew...I digress this sounds typically Jamie T which before you go thinking that this is me criticising this new song or Jamie T, which I might add is totally wrong if your thinking about this as I would never ever criticise Jamie T as he is amazing and ever since Panic Preventions was released has never done a bad song or a song that I didn't like and like so many other Jamie T fans I couldn't believe when he just up and left the music scene for as long as he did and was absolutely thrilled and excited when he released "Carry On The Grudge"....

Annyhew I think I'm ranting now but you get the point or probably by now you get just how massive a fan I am but I like how typically Jamie T this song sounds and I have to say that when I first heard that Jamie T was releasing an EP I of course pre-ordered it but after doing this I did have a little voice saying had I been too quick to do this, should I have waited for the first single to be released and then download it...but thank god I didn't listen and kept to my old mantra of anything Jamie T related just buy it, download it whatever!

No comments:

Post a Comment