Translate

Wednesday 27 May 2015

Dude there's a trailer for Point Break!

I just saw this now on Empire Magazine's website and I have to say when I first heard that 'Point Break' was going to be remade I was so excited as me and my sisters are such big fans of this film.

And when I heard that there was a new trailer just released for this I just had to see it, and I think if you look carefully in this trailer that will no doubt be the first in many many other things that will get released about this film, that one of the FBI agents that says something about why not deploy a parachute above the jungle looks suspiciously like the actor who played the original Roach who if you've seen the original like me then you'll know that Roach gets shot in the shoulder in the end of the film, and Bodhi takes him, Utah and himself up in an aeroplane that will take him and Bodhi over the border into Mexico and straps a parachute on him with the money from a heist they do so they can meet another of their crew Rosie and Utah has to come along to this last bank robbery 'the ex-presidents' do that Roach's younger brother gets killed in and if Bodhi and Roach don't get to the destination they need to get to over the border with Utah's help then Rosie will kill Tyler (Utah's girlfriend).

Anyhew...I digress I have to say though that this new trailer doesn't get me as excited as I hoped it would, because it looks like the film maker's have tried to make it a little bit Fast and Furious with there being a couple of clips in the trailer of this group of guys holding hands over a table much like in the first Fast and Furious film where Toretto tells O'Connor that he's carried on his dad's tradition of every Sunday after church he would put on a barbecue and if you didn't go to church you wouldn't eat and the first to eat without saying grace has to say grace at the table.

Also the filmmakers have tried to modernise this which I understand you'd do for a remake but here the filmmaker's have made Bodhi and his gang more violent than the original with saying that Utah thinks that these guys don't care how may people get hurt in the process of their heists because in the original all of the ex-presidents took guns with them on their heists but they were always filled with blanks and they'd always go for the cash not the vault as it would slow them down but it was never about stealing things it was always about creating anarchy and the ultimate adrenaline rush.

Also in this trailer it really looks like when the girl is surfing on a big wave too big for her that this has been filmed on a green screen where this is actually not happening and this effect of the big wave has been put into the movie afterwards by computers.

So I think it's fair to say that I think this film will probably be not as good as the original as this was one of the classic films that in my opinion you just don't touch like the remake of Magnificent 7.

Anyhew I digress...here is the trailer for this new Point Break starring Luke Bracey as Johnny Utah, the new Bodhi who will be played by Edgar Ramirez which will get released over here in the UK on January 8th 2016, and will get released over the pond in the USA on Christmas Day 2015 according to IMDb.com,-if this is right bloody typical that America gets everything good before we over here in the UK do!-.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=44426

No comments:

Post a Comment