Translate

Thursday 28 May 2015

Gladstone may or may not get a third outing in Sherlock Holmes 3!

If your reading this headline you may or may not get this reference and you might be thinking to yourself "What The Hell! Has Sophie gone mad!?", and I would have to tell you that no I haven't gone off my rocker and that this is a reference to Guy Richie's "Sherlock Holmes" movies as I have seen both these films which starred Jude "Dave" Law and Robert Downey Jnr. as Dr. Watson and Sherlock Holmes as I am a huge fan of all the Arthur Conan Doyle Sherlock Holmes stories with my favourite story being "The Hound Of The Baskervilles" and I have evidently my dear reader seen all adaptions of this...sorry about the pun I just couldn't help myself.

Anyhew...all actors that were in both Guy Richie's films including these two were really good but for me the star performance came from the cute bulldog named Gladstone in the first film that Sherlock had experimented on via using a new technique that made him appear dead, but in a matter of minutes he was able to jump up off the floor and walk around as if nothing had happened at all.

And in the second film I was sad to see that there wasn't more seen of this dog until the end where Dr. Watson had moved out of 221 Baker Street with his wife Mary, and was sat on the sofa in Watson's study next to Sherlock Holmes who was wearing a costume that would make him blend in with all the patterns of the sofa, chairs and wallpaper and therefore he could sneak a peak at Dr. Watson's writing of the events that happened at Reihenbach Falls in Switzerland with Professor Moriarty, at the ball where all the colleagues that work with Sherlock Holme's brother Mycroft were going to be and Moriarty had forced someone to plant a bomb there to take these people out, this someone was the brother of a gypsy which was played by Noomi Rapace and was only recognisable by a scar on his cheek, hence why she had to attend the ball with Dr. Watson and Sherlock Holmes.

Anyhew... Digital Spy when interviewing Jude Law on how the production for "Sherlock Holmes 3" was going they got this reply:

"...I don't know..."  He goes on to say that:

"...There is apparently still a will (to do it), there is a script being written, but I'm not sure..."  

And back in 2013 it was confirmed by according to Digital Spy's website producer Dan Lee that the screenwriter for "Iron Man 3" Dan Pearce was working on a script for this, and he also said according to Digital Spy's website that "...this was a high priority for the studio..."

So will this get made or will it not get made that is the question, and will Gladstone be back to have more experimentes done on him? Will audiences see more of Irene Adler who if you're like me and saw the first film will know that she works for Moriarty or will we not see more of her?

Who can say, we will just have to wait with baited breath for more info on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment