Translate

Wednesday 28 December 2011

Civil Wars album review!

Well...I hope you have had a a Merry Christmas and hopefully will have a Happy New Year!

This Christmas I have to say that I was unusually feeling in the festive spirit as you know that as soon as Christmas strikes all TV channels, music channels and radio stations go absolutely mental for Christmas....you know all the Christmas specials come on the TV, you find yourself having to flick through the Music Channels just to get one song that isn't either Slade with 'It's Christmas', Wizard with 'Wish It Was Christmas Everyday' or Wham! with 'Last Christmas'.

Or you wake up to have your morning coffee with Bing Crosby and David Bowie with 'Little Drummer Boy'.

It enough to drive you mad and out of the festive spirit!

Anyhew...I have to say that this Christmas one of my favourite gifts this year was Civil Wars album 'Barton Holloway'. This is I have to say is one of the best and if I may say so it's in my opinion that this album is one of those that if you blink you will seriously miss this and as I cannot stop playing this album that is something you really really don't want to do.

I do have to say that after I heard Barton Hollow on Later...Live with Jools Holland,-which by the way I have to say I watch on Tuesadays and Fridays religiously, but on the episode that I saw them on of this show I was really suprised to see these as I only watched it because Kasabian (one of my favourite bands was on).

These really blew me away by their acoustic version of Barton Hollow and their raw sound of the guitar was really really good,-I mean their album does have very country and folky vibes to it but I absolutly love it-.

All the songs on the album really get stuck in my head...but in a really good way up until when I can't get to sleep so I try and remember what one of the songs were and I really can't remember so I have to wait to the day after to play this on my CD player so that I can remember the way one of the many fantastic songs goes like.

All of them are like track 8 'The Violet Hour' where it is beautifully melodic with just a piano and is just really an instrumental track,-normally I get really annoyed at just instrumental tracks as I can't really get on with them but this one I absolutly love and feel that it really doesn't need words-. And all of them you could picture them being used in either a Twilight film or a The Vampire Diaries episode as they all sound very gothic...I mean that all the music used in these types of things use really good music.

And I do have to admit that after I saw this Jools Holland episode on the Tuesday episode of The Vampire Diaries the week after Barton Hollow was being played.

I have to say that all of them are my favourites but the songs that stick out for me are:

Track 2-I've got this friend
Track 3-C'est La Morte
Track 5-Poison and Wine
Track 7-Barton Hollow
Track-9-The Girl With the Red Balloon
Track 10-Falling

I really think that this album really needs to be played on Radio 1 as I think this bands music needs to heard by the world!

If you want to get this album then it's available on Amazon, HMV and Itunes. So what are you waiting for....go on and get this before it's too late!




No comments:

Post a Comment