Translate

Thursday 9 February 2012

Beyonce and Jay-z trademark babies name!

When I read this on Rollingstone's website today I have to say I was left feeling like 'WTF is going on here?'...but it is alright now and your eyes aren't being decieved.

According to Rollingstone:

"Beyonce and Jay-z have filed an application with the U.S Patent and Trademark Office to protect the name of their infant daughter,Blue Ivy Carter'.

I have to say that this does sound like to me a strange way to protect your daughter's name and you could argue that this sounds like rather than enjoy having a daughter in the family they are going to try and make money off her name which will no doubt add to both Jay-z and Beyonce's grand total of money that they are worth combined...i.e this all adds to the ever growing Beyonce/Jay-Z empire.

But wait before I start to argue this point RollingStone says that they have done this so as to:

"...reserve their child's name for possible use as a brand name for a line of baby related products, including carriages, diaper bags (to you and me in the UK this means bags that you can carry nappies and other baby things in when your out and about with your baby) and baby cosmetics..."

So...I knew that  baby labels were big business with Mylene Klass and other celebrities getting in on the act of bringing out their own brand of things for babies and no doubt these baby things from the Beyonce/Jay-Z corner are going to be flying off the shelves with everyone wanting something from this label....and I think now that this sector of business is just gone up a notch with how big this kind of things are.

I also just thought that it would be cute to maybe call this make of baby accessories and clothing Ivy Blue Clothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment