Translate

Thursday 23 February 2012

The Hunger Games Official Song!

A couple of days ago I was sitting down watching music channels when the official song for 'The Hunger Games' came on...this I have to say made me hugely excited as this was a song from Taylor Swift ft Civil Wars.

I am thanks to getting Civil Wars album for Christmas a massive fan of theirs and this really excited me but I was a bit disappointed when I heard this whole song for the first time and the whole song was sung by Taylor Swift...this is meant with no offence to Taylor Swift fans as although there are a lot of her songs that do get stuck in my head once I've heard them which is very annoying but I do have to say that even though I may be not a massive fan of her music I have found myself on occasion tapping my foot along to songs of hers.

Anyway...as I said I was disappointed that Civil Wars weren't singing the song themselves as if you have like me seen them on 'Later Live...with Jools Holland' singing acoustic 'Barton Hollow' which I have to say on this performance of the song it was AMAZING! or if you have their album and have like me played it none stop then you'll know how bloody brilliant they are on their own.

But I just thought as I haven't heard any of their songs as yet on radio stations just on 'Later Live' and in the background on an episode of 'The Vampire Diaries' then this team up with Taylor Swift isn't probably a bad one as she is a big name that is already recognised in the music industry that has a grammy award and has a probably big base of fans that if they heard this track they would without doubt want to listen to it and as the song doesn't have too much of a Civil Wars stamp on it then these fans aren't going to be hating the track too much therefore it is quite a good way for other people who aren't such massive fans of 'Civil Wars' or who have never heard their music before (which I have to say why on earth would you never hear this amazing bands music before now!) to get to like their music but I do have to say though that I thought 'Barton Hollow' was the best way to get people to become fans of it and get them automatically to ring into Radio 1 and request it but even if people ring in to request this song then that's an automatic play for 'Civil Wars' which is no bad thing.

Here is the video for your perusal:

No comments:

Post a Comment