Translate

Thursday 2 February 2012

Jack White has a new solo song out! Update

Yesterday I saw on NME.com that Jack White s going to be releasing his own solo single that will be released ahead of new solo album 'Blunderbus' which will be released on April 23rd.

'Love Interruption', the new single is being released next Tuesday on February 7th. This time Jack White has made this A and  non-album B side 'Machine Gun Silhouette' under his own name, and produced this at his own Third Man Studios in Nashville.

Here is the link for this song on Youtube.com:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fD12wH9En6s

I have just found today (Wednesday 15th Feb) the official video for this awesome song:



And in case your wondering who the girl is who is singing with Jack on this track it is Ruby Amanfu who Jack White has been producing for a few months.

I heard this song yesterday and have to say that when I first heard this it made me think of the legendary White Stripes song 'Hotel Yorba', and I have to say that this White Stripes song got stuck in my head all day...but as I am a massive fan of the White Stripes and let's face it who wouldn't be a fan of this amazing band.


I've not heard this track in a very long time so if like me you haven't either heard this in a long time then here is the video for'Hotel Yorba', and this track also sounds a bit like White Stripes mixed with another of Jack White's bands that was just as amazing as The White Stripes 'The Raconteurs' which I have to say is a fantastic mix as both those bands were amazing...with in my opinion the exception of 'The Dead Weather',-now I don't want to offend anyone who was a fan of this band but I saw them on 'Later Live... with Jools Holland' and they weren't my cup of tea I'm afraid to say because I think that anything Jack White does is amazingly brilliant because he's so taleted, and I am also a huge fan of Alison Mosshart and her band with Jamie Hince 'The Kills'-.



These are just some of my favourite 'The Kills' songs that I've listed so I just thought really that based on the strength of these songs from Alison Mosshart and the link up with Jack White who is just as talented if not more so 'The Dead Weather' should of inh theory worked as a band but like I thought if you link up with these two and Dean Fertita of Queens of the Stone Age and Jack Lawrence from The Racontours who were all from other amazinlgy brilliant bands especially Queens of the Stone Age (absolutly love 'No One Knows') then it might not work out for the best...and when I saw them perform on Jools's show I thought it was a bit of a train wreck.

I'm sorry if what I have just said above offends the fans of 'The Dead Weather' I am sorry but I am just giving my honest opinion here.

Anyhew...Jack White has said about doing this album solo from any of his other bands:

"I've put off making records under my own name for a long time but these songs feel like they could only be presented under my name. These songs were written from scratch, had nothing to do with anyone or anything else but my own expression, my own colours on my own canvas".

But if you ask me after you have had post White Stripes fame formed bands like 'The Dead Weather' or 'The Raconteurs' then I'd guess that making your own album under your nane is more daunting than if you were in a band as it's all on your shoulders how it is recieved and if it's recieved badly then I guess you know then that it was a bad idea to go out on your own...but I'm guessing fans from both sidea of these bands won't be too harsh a judge on his new music as they'll love it anyway...like me!

No comments:

Post a Comment