Translate

Friday 3 February 2012

New Music Alert!...The Begbies!

Yesterday I recieved an email via Soundcloud from this must listen to band called The Begbies...their new song 'Ballad' is really really good!

All the time I was listening to their other fantastic song 'Off The Cuff' I was thinking that this guy's voice sounds really familiar...then I remebered that his voice sounds exactly like Liam Fray,-the vocalist from the 'The Courteeners'-.

I have to be honest that although that on their Facebook page they describe their band as:

"The Begbies are West Lothian's favourite indie inspired punk band...'

When I heard their other track 'Loves to pretend' the sound of this track did remind me of 'The Ramones' 'Hey ho let's go' song and I'm not too sure that this is the kind of band that inspired them going on this Facebook description, but I still think that eventhough it probably isn't the kind of band that inspired them it really doesn't matter as their music to me is NME playlist material.

I'll elaborate on this NME Playlist if your one of the many who is at this point thinking what on earth is an NME playlist...well every so often the music lovers over at NME.com pick up on either under the radar bands like this one and lump them together with other amazing bands that have been played nearly to death on every music channel or on every radio station and put these songs on two CD discs...and in case your wondering these songs have to be totally and utterly amazing like these:

  • The Yeah Yeah Yeah's-Gold Lion
  • The Chord-We're in a Mess
  • The Artic Monkeys-When the Sun Goes Down
  • Scott Matthews-Elusive
To name a few.

Anyhew.... I think that this band is well worth a listen for anyone who is like me and love to hear from any new band and I think that I should say or though it might not be the sort of bands that they want their music associated with but let's be honest why not as they sound like their might be some 'The Cribbs', 'Dead 60's', 'The Libertines' thrown in the mist of their music.

No comments:

Post a Comment