Translate

Tuesday 28 February 2012

NEW Updated Aston Martin V8 2012

 

When I first read about these new updates from Aston Martin's V8 range I was very excited...like a kid in a sweet shop! I can't tell you how excited I was especially when I saw this new Aston Martin convertible.

I do have to say though that as smooth, sophisticated and elegantly designed as are all the Aston Martin cars I was finding it very hard to choose which one of these new V8's were my favourite's, I was thinking as I am a massive fan of 'Harry Hill's TV Burp' that what should just happen is what always happens on that show when you can't choose one thing over another....FIGHT!

But then I remebered I am not a multimillionaire with oodles of cash to buy both and let them fight it out amongst themselves...and as I love Aston Martin's sooo much I really couldn't sit on the sidelines and watch anything happen to these cars that would end up with either of them getting a scratch, dent or bulge in the tyres.

This though although the baby supercar in all of Aston Martin's loooooong range of supercars that look like whatever you are doing that second in time just forget about it and take the time to look at these...and if you ever get the chance to drive one then you just have to cancel all your meetings for that day and walk out the house and just get in that Aston Martin.

According to Top Gear nothing has been changed in this new look V8 except for a few minor alterations here and there such as the new seven speed Sportsshift II auto box which is optional and features closer ratios, a lower final drive and a quicker redefined shift quality.

The brakes are now 380mm two- piece ventilated cast-iron front discs and six piston callipers.

Aso the lower bumper with aerosplinters gets a larger intake of cold air to the engine, (this is a bit of good news all round as anyone who has one of these or wants one like me can drive these on the open road when no one is around and there's a good bit of open road in front of you and you just want to act like a big kid and pretend that your in a James Bond film in the middle of a high speed car chase) it's good to know that you can do this and the car will not over heat it's self while you are acting like a big kid.

It's good to see that the engineers at Aston Martin have thought of everything as well as well as inside the cars there are fitted sculpted 'race-derived' air sills.

This surely shows classic car craftsmanship at it's best...but it's nice to see that they've put in things to these new V8's to finally win over car fans that are still not entirely convinced of Aston Martin as well as keeping everything there that Aston Martin lovers like me already love about these cars.

Before I forget I think before you go ahead and want to buy yourself one of these babies you need to really think 'Have I got enough money in the bank' as prices for these start from £84,995 and rise to a staggering £99,995.

No comments:

Post a Comment