Translate

Wednesday 28 March 2012

Totally cool dude...the Teenager Mutant Ninja Turtles are getting a movie!

It just might be me but when I first read this I had to do a double take as I couldn't believe this was true.

But according to I Am Rogue and according to Michael Bay and his production company Patinum Dunes partners Andrew Form and Brad Fuller are going to produce this film that is scheduled to come out in December 23rd 2013.

But there is as Michael Bay has said going to be some changes:

"Paramount marketing changed the name. They made the title simple. The characters you all remember are exactly the same, and yes they still act like teenagers. Everything you remember, why you liked the characters, is in the movie. This script is being developed by two very smart writers, with one of the original creators of Ninja Turtles. They care VERY MUCH about making this film for the fans. Everyone on this team cares about the fans. Just give them a chance. Jonathan the director, is a major fan of the whole franchise. HE'S NOT GOING TO LET YOU DOWN."

So now the name has been changed to Ninja Turtles...but according to the director Jonathan Liebsen the 'heroes in a half shell', (sorry I couldn't resist as I was and still is a big kid when it comes to 'The Mutant Ninja Turtles') are no longer teenagers or mutants...so what the hell is the actual story going to be and how can the story of a group of turtles and a rat are exposed to a toxic goo to make them 'mutants' and then this rat teaches them the ways of the ninja be made into a 21st Century logical story.

Oh well I suppose this headache witll have to be worked out by Andre Nemec and Josh Applebaum...and this I am guessing is going to be good as this dynamic duo wrote the fantastic Mission Impossible:Ghost Protocol which I am sooo excited to say is coming out on DVD on April 17th.

Really can't wait for this!


No comments:

Post a Comment