Translate

Tuesday 19 June 2012

Katy Perry's new video:'Wide Awake'

I have just seen the video thanks to MTV Online Chart...I have to say that I like this video as it is very Tim Burton 'Alice In Wonderland' inspired and as there is a prince charming in the video that Katy punches this has set the bloggers tongues wagging and saying that this 'Prince Charming' is suppose to be Russel Brand.

 Katy Perry: Part of Me Poster

This I think is very obvious...and I guess this will keep rumbling on forever and ever thanks to papers reading between lines and making anything out of anything that she says in interviews but as you can see at the end of this video that she is using this to promote her 3D movie 'Part Of Me' which is coming out over here in the UK on July 5th that is a day after the American release date of 4th July (for any other country release dates please go to IMDb.com)...so I think that with her hinting in her interview with Entertainment Weekly that:

"Of course there have been a lot of things that went on last year that I had to get through and overcome and obstacles that I had to, you know, go through".

This I think is another thing that she is using to explain the struggle that comes across in this video...but I also think that she is hinting at her divorce to make her fans like her more as and for the papers to keep printing stories of her which would give her some good press right in time for this new movie of hers.

I do realise that this is may sound a bit harsh and I'm sorry to any Katy Perry fans reading this but I do have to say that I'm not a big fan of hers but I do like her gothic looking make up that she wears at the start of this video...it is very filmic as well as it being very dramatic.

I as you can guess will not be one of the many thousands of Katy Perry fans that will be lining the cinemas to go see this as I don't really see the point of this being in 3D as it will only be just like a music film that shows her on tour and behind the scenes and it will definitely won't be like the amazing 'Talihina Sky' music film by 'Kings Of Leon'. So why on earth bother with 3D technology for this as I don't see how this would increase or heighten the cinema experience for any Katy Perry fan going to see this film.

No comments:

Post a Comment