Translate

Monday 18 June 2012

OMG! The First 'Bourne Legacy' Theatrical Trailer is out!



I have just seen this and it looks amazing! this I have to say has got me very excited as I am a huge fan of the 'Bourne' films and this looks like it definitely will not disappoint any other 'Jason Bourne' fans or any fans of action films....but as this is only just the first theatrical trailer for 'Jason Bourne' I'm not going to hold my breath that this will be the only one that looks amazing with amazing action sequences in.

It looks like Tony Guilroy has carried on the high octane hand to hand to hand combat action sequences that started in 'The Bourne Identity' with Matt Damon as Jason Bourne and that was carried through all of the 'Bourne' films...which I have to say that was one of the many reasons why I became a fan of these films and when I heard that Matt Damon wasn't going to be in this film I thought that all the best action sequences like the one in 'The Bourne Identity' with Matt Damon fighting off another Treadstone assassin in his Paris apartment with a Biro (this I have to say is one of my best fight scenes from these movies) and and the fast pace of these action sequences which brought all the excitement to the storyline of these films was going to be lost...I  am happy to say that this film 'The Bourne Legacy' doesn't disappoint in this area!

And as you can see from this trailer the filmmakers have carried on the story of Treadstone and Jason Bourne which if you ask me makes it look like the filmmakers have put his picture up to say to film audiences 'Yes we know Matt Damon isn't in the film but we've put a picture of him in the film and we've moved the storyline on a bit so we haven't forgotten him even though he isn't here'. I just thought as I read Matt Damon's GQ interview about how he couldn't be in the movie as he had a million other films that he was involved with at the same time as 'The Bourne Legacy' was starting shooting at, and at some point he would love to go back to the Bourne movies and that this they had to do something different with this movie as they (Tony Guiroy and Matt Damon) had pushed the amnesia story to its limits, that if there was a point where there was a gap in Matt Damon's hectic filming schedule and he wanted to come back to Jason Bourne then with this storyline seeing Jeremy Renner and Oscar Isaacs as two new 'assets' from another Treadstone/Blackbrier FBI secret operation that have the life-or-death stakes heightened by the events of the last three films that it might be a bit difficult to write a storyline that puts him back in to the film and explains where he's been all this time without the story being the same as 'The Bourne Supremecy' where it explained he had been in India all the time with Maria and that he gets set up and she gets killed...the storyline I think has to be different for this to happen, but I also just thought that they've kind of moved forward with this storyline so if he were to come back now I think it would be kind of going back or you'd have to write something that didn't seem like it was going backwards with the story.

Anyhew...I've probably just rambled on in this last bit so I do apologise...but I still can't wait to see this movie when it comes out on 13th August (in the UK for other countries go to IMDb.com for release dates) and I have to say that I love the action sequences on the motorbikes and I do have to say that the action sequence in the trailer where Rachel Weisz gets trapped and shouts 'Aaron!' it looks like it could be set up for quite a comedy line with Jeremy Renner's character shouting before jumping down and saving her 'I'm coming!'.

But then again he is trying to surprise the bad guys so this probably wouldn't be a very good line to say as it would ruin this advantage or it might be seen by the scriptwriters as just a corny line to put in an action movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment