Translate

Thursday 21 June 2012

Sesame Street Getting a Movie!

I was perusing Empire Magazine's website today and I stumbled on to this piece of exciting news...well I might sound a bit childish in saying this but I do have to admit that like Empire Magazine have said that I guess this was just the next logical step once they did 'The Muppets' with Jason Segal and Amy Adams.

But I do have to say that as I grew up with 'Sesame Street' and 'The Muppets' this did get me very excited as me and my sisters favourite character of the show was 'The Cookie Monster' and my favorite character from 'The Muppets' was 'Miss.Piggy'....and I just thought that if there has been films about 'The Muppets' then why not have a 'Miss.Piggy' film as I think it would be really funny.

Anyhew...I digress and realise that I'm going off point on this.

'The Hollywood Reporter' has reported that 20th Century Fox has now bought the movie rights to 'Sesame Street' and the shows writer Joey Mazzarino has been brought on board to write the script for this film with Shaun Levy and his 21 Laps team ( Michael Aguilar and Mark Gordan) as well as Film 360 's Guymon Casady also going to be on board to produce this.

Children's Television Workshop that's now called Sesame Workshop that was behind the hit television show that has run for what seems like forever thanks to new generations of young children coming through and lets be honest with ingenius creations like 'Elmo' which is sooo cute how can you not love these characters and they also do keep things up to date with getting big names on the shows like James Blunt (they got him on back in the days when he was actually popular as well as his music before it got to be the most annoying song you've ever heard, and if you have no clue as to which song this is I will enlighten you at the risk of this getting stuck in my head and being played on a loop in my head and as I write this I can vaguely hear the guitar intro to the song, the song is called 'Your Beautiful') and David Beckham...I think this must have been done i.e as everybody is a fan of David Beckham so the show must have got him on to get a wider audience base.

But I'm betting that the day David Beckham was on the show not only children were tuning in to watch!

There are a lot of different views on this but what do you think about this...why not post your thoughts below.

Fox haven't come out with a statement about this so fingers crossed about this film going ahead and that it doesn't get put on the shelf to gather dust and cobwebs like 'Teenage Ninja Mutant Turtles'.

No comments:

Post a Comment