Translate

Tuesday 6 September 2011

The Kooks are back!


Thank goodness for Facebook as the other day I was on this and low and behold there was a link to a new Kooks video, but I unfortunatly


From this you can see that it's in my opinion not the greatest Kooks song I've ever heard and I can't say that it matches up to their first album songs that were to my mind great as I vouldn't stop listening to them on repeat. I don't really know what to make of the lyrics 'Give Me A Pig's Heart And A Glass Of Wine'. I'm just probably being too harsh but I just hope that with them being in the Live Lounge today with Fearne Cotton that their cover song sounds better than this as I really could go off liking them with this record and I really don't want to as I love them sooo much as a band. 

But however if you want to get this single or buy the album then you'll need to remember these dates: the album 'Junk Of The Heart' you can pre-order on itunes for £7.99, the track listing for this album are:
  1. Junk Of The Heart (Happy)
  2. How'd you like that
  3. Rosie
  4. Taking Pictures Of You
  5. Fuck The World Off
  6. Time Above the Earth
  7. Runaway
  8. Is it me
  9. Killing Me
  10. Petulia
  11. Eskimo Kiss
  12. Mr.Nice Guy
  13. Carried Away (Bonus Track)
  14. The Sabatour (Bonus Track)

This album will be officially out on 12th September, and here is the album artwork:
Picture of - Kooks Junk Of The Heart

But if you want to get your hands on a hard CD copy you can pre-order this from HMV where it is free UK delivery or you can get this from Play.com

But saying this I have heard Noel Gallager's new song that he's done on his own and that to me just sounds like a repeat of 'The Importance Of Being Idle'...and if I was Liam I'd be laughing if that is what he can turn out on his own but saying that Liam's new band Beady Eye are to my mind just as bad and it just goes to show that if their writing bad songs on their own then that is a pretty big reason why they should get back together as when they were together the songs they wrote were unbelievably good! 




I have also just seen that the new band that Noel has formed on his on 'The High Flying Birds' sounds to my mind just as rubbish and a bit pretentious as well as Liam's band 'Beady Eye'...well I just thought it really doesn't sound that pretencious but maybe a bit shit! But I'm sure there are fans of either band that are going to have me for posting this but as I do keep mentioning this is only my opinion so I'm free to write this and if you don't agree with this you can comment about it.

I just thought as well if you want to get this album you can also pre-order the album 'Noel Gallagher and the high flying birds' from play.com for £8.99 and like with HMV the delivery is free. The track listing for this album is:
  1. Everybody's On The Run
  2. Dream On
  3. If I had a gun...
  4. The Death Of You and me
  5. (I Want To Live In A Dream) in my record machine
  6. AKA...what a life!
  7. Soldier Boys and Jesus Freaks
  8. (Stranded On) the wrong beach
  9. Stop the clocks

The album artwork for this is: 


The Album is officially out on 17th October 2011. And you can also get your hands on a hard copy of this album from HMV.


No comments:

Post a Comment