Translate

Wednesday 14 September 2011

Matt Cardle's new album

Speaking of X Factor I heard thanks to ITV2'S Entertainment news FYI Matt Cardle is releasing his new album 'Letters'



Also thanks to MTVUK this album will be released on 17th October. And by all accounts this new album of his is going to be like Marmalade...i.e there will definitly be a mixed response but according to Guy Chambers who you'll recognise from his work with Robbie Williams on his all time hit of 'Angels'

'It's very accessible but its also very powerful and emotive. He's got some really good tracks and he's a very nice guy. I've enjoyed working with him'.

And also he has collaborated on this album with Eg White who has also worked with Adele on the album track 'All For Nothing'.

But I don't know whether this is a good thing or not as the papers have gone on to compare Matt's voice with Chris Martin...this if you think about it as Coldply in the early years of their career if you ask me were amazing and I used to love them but now my enthusiasm for them has wained, but Chris Martin's voice is good. They (the newspapers) have gone so far as to compare his voice with Chris Martin's by describing his voice as 'stunning'.

This though has only been done as apparently on the album track 'Letters' is reminiscent of Coldplays 'Fix You'.

Also Guy Chambers has even gone further as he has described Matt Cardle's voice as:

'...a cross between Coldplay, Travis and Snow Patrol...'

This in my book is certainly a very wide spectrum of artists as I have to say that out of all those artists I find it very hard to beleieve that he sounds like Snow Patrol as I don't think that you could ever find another talented artist like them again...this also is probably why I so harshly criticise Leona Lewis as I hated how she toured everywhere with their song but slowed down and every radio station and even her made out that her version of Run was her song when it so blatentadly wasn't as Snow Patrol had already made it the brilliantly and even legendary song.

So for now I am very dubious about this album from him and I guess I'll just have to listen to one song from him then like so many other artists that I am now fans of if this debut song from him isn't fantastic then this is ine person that won't be a fan of his.

No comments:

Post a Comment