Translate

Monday 16 January 2012

Cher Lloyd doing a duet with Astro!....and Mohambi

I was perusing Youtube.com looking for another new pop song that I had heard yesterday on 4 music music channel when this popped up...Cher Lloyd has done a duet with that little kid from American X Factor...Astro.

I Want U Back is the song...I have to say I couldn't believe this when I saw this as when I watched the American X Factor I thought this guy was good as he had to write new rapper lyrics before every show. bBut I do have to admit that Astro on that show did come over as very arrogant as there was one show whwhere he was in the bottom 2 and he came out refusing to rap a save me song...this I think may have been why he was voted off the next week.

Anyhew here is the video for this song:



If you like this song and want to hear more of this song then officially this will be released on our UK shores on the 26th February...but if you have already got her album you will aready have this song and therefore you will have no need to use Itunes to download yourself a copy.

II thin in this video that she has definitly been styled a bit better than in 'Swagger Jagger'...as in this music she was styled as if she was a chav...and in this one and in her other music video 'With Ur Love' this chavvy image was softened...less chav more pretty chav (if that is the look that her record company are going for with her).

I know this may sound a bit harsh to Cher Lloyd fans but this is only my opinion...but I do have to say that unlike with her first record I do like 'With Ur Love' and this record I think may as with all pop songs that I don't immediatly like it might grow on me.

Anyhew...the other song I was perusing Youtube for was Mohambi's new record 'In Ur Head'.


 

Mohambi if you haven't heard of him before is as I found out yeaterday a rapper who has done other records with Nicole Schwerzingger, Pitbull, Nelly, Gyptian (who sang 'Hold Ya'. The video is up above), also I found out that he is from Sweden.

This song though I do warn you that after hearing it once it will get stuck in your head...this though will not be a good thing like when I get a Kings Of Leon song stuck in my head because then it just makes me want to sit down for a couple of hours and listen to that album...but this kind of getting stuck in your head will annoy you as it's already annoying me as I can't concentrate at the best of times because it's a Monday and my head is still in the weekend.

Anyhew...when I heard this song the other day I thought that this track had definitly sampled another record, I first thought that this sample was maybe a Rihanna song but thankfully the sample that is used in this track is a Cranberries song 'Zombie'. This song though in my opinion is really really good and I never thought that you could make this song sound poppy with a synth soind to it.

I do though have to say that I do like this song and I definitly think that it is worth checking this guy out.








No comments:

Post a Comment