Translate

Friday 13 January 2012

Dark Shadows news just in!

Thanks to Empire Magazine and Entertainment Weekly there is a new picture or still out from this other hotly anticipated film.



I don't want to sound like my mum but I can't believe this is Johnny Depp, but apparently along with the gothic looking makeup to add to the ominousness, (don't think this is a real word but I'll use it anyways) but there is also prosthetics which have been thrown in for good measure to alter his appearance as well as give his character a certain harshness to his features that again adds to the mysteriousness of his character Barnabus Collins.

If you ask me this still may just give away that this film is a bit Sleepy Hollow-esque which I absolutly loved...but then again I did grow up with that story as a kid and all the spookiness of this story was kept in that film...not just because of Johnny Depp's makeup but with the costumes that both Johnny Depp and Michele Pfiefer are waring in this shot that has been taken from the film.

However as much as I can't wait to see this film when it gets released as I'm a big fan of Tim Burton and I have seen all Johnny Depp films, but I do have to say that you could argue that with this film being based on the ABC Network show of the same name that ran from 1966-1971 that featured ghosts, vampires, werewolves, zombies, time shifting and parallel universe's that the great director is jumping on the bandwagon of Twilight...but I really don't really want to say this as I am that bigger fan of Tim Burton but to be honest this isn't a bad thing to do as those films accumulated a lot of money... but on the other hand any Tim Burton film that's got Johnny Depp in is going to a worthwhile film to go and see at the cinema.

Seth Grahame-Smith has done the screenplay for this and I am also really really excited to hear as I am sure all fans of Tim Burton's Beetlejuice film that Seth Grahame-Smith is at the moment in the process waiting for Tim Burton to approve Smith's wanting to write the screenplay for Beetlejuice 2.

And by the sounds of it whoever gets to direct this as Tim Burton has said that he won't return to do this one that they will ask Michael Keaton to come back as the main man, saying that:

"Michael Keaton is so great, and I'm sure he'd just strangely tap right back into it..."

Whatever happens on Beetlejuice 2 just cross your fingers and toes and watch this space, but for the time being we can see Dark Shadows in the UK on May 11th 2012...so until then all Tim Burton fans including Beetlejuice fans we'll just have to wait with baited breath to see what happens with this sequel.





No comments:

Post a Comment