Translate

Friday 14 October 2011

Thank God for Jools Holland

On last weeks Later...Live with Jools Holland, (which I have to say, I watch on Tuesdays and Friday's religiously because lets face it it is the best thing that's on TV these days and if I'm honest I love it as I love to be surprised by all the known artists,unknown and artists that are still going on Jools Holland's show), and there was this fantastic band The Civil Wars Barton Hollow and I absoutly loved this and coincidentally a snippet of this song was played on the opening episode of The Vampire Diaries...and I must admit when this snippet was over I really wanted to hear this song in full, and Barton Hollow is my favourite new song of the month and luckily thanks to Amazon.com I've found the album Barton Hollow.

And if I'm honest I don't usually like country songs but I absolutly loved this the moment I heard this on Later Live. And I have to say that you seriously have to get this album because if this song is anything to go by then I'm guessing the rest of the album is going to be incredible!

Also on the same episode of the same show that I watched mainly because Kasabian were on and I had to watch them as by this point I had the new Kasabian album and I loved all the songs and just had to watch them, and because I really wanted to hear my favourite song on the album 'Goodbye Kiss'. There was a new band from New Zealand, and I was pleasantly surprised this band had the vocalist from Crowded House on the drums.

Anyhew...this as it turned out was his new band that he had formed with his wife and their new track 'Tell Me What You Want' I loved and I think it is well worth a little listen as is the other track, this track I think sounds a little bit like The Kills 'Cheap and Cheerful', which is the track that is used in the new Fendi fragrance advert. 

This also sounds a bit sexy to me...but I don't want to sound a bit pompous but this is my opinion of the guitar bit in this song. I just thought if your not as big a Kills fan and can't think of this song immediatly then here it is below:      







 




All I can say is thank goodness for Jools Holland and this show. 

No comments:

Post a Comment