Translate

Monday 17 October 2011

This Means War!

Tom Hardy, Chris Pine and Reese Witherspoon....all in a film to do with the CIA and James Bond gadgets.

The trailer for this is below so you can peruse this at your pleasure, I think from this trailer that...well this could be just me but to me Tom Hardy is more convincing as a CIA agent than Chris Pine. I would say that Tom Hardy could possibly look comfortable as the next James Bond when or if Daniel Craig wants to give up the Bond title.


I think that to me it feels like to me that the casting for this film is very bizarre...I mean casting Reese Witherspoon as the girl these two fall for, as I think that the studio must have had to pay both Tom Hardy and Reese Witherspoon a lot of money in order to be in this movie as both have been in films that either got them Oscars or could have got them awards, I'm thinking here that Tom Hardy was in the incredible Inception which if I'm honest I've seen this thought I got what the story of the film was on about but then after the film I was left going over this in my head for an uncomfortable number of nights thinking what the fuck was Christopher Nolan on about.

And Reese Witherspoon was in 'Walk The Line' where she got a Best Supporting Actress Oscar but the other films she has been in like 'Sweet Home Alabama' and 'Legally Blonde' etc shows that the casting/ director wanted someone who was good but also could take it not so seriously...as this movie so Empire Magazine say is more about the 'bromance' between Tom Hardy and Chris Pine (I also think that he was probably just pleased to be in a movie with actors and actresses that were as good as these two that he is starring alongside...this may sound a bit cruel but if you've seen 'Star Trek' then you know what I'm saying, but I just thought that he was in that film about a runaway freight train with Denzel Washington but it all is good to put on your CV I guess).

Anyhew here's the story line for this.... Tom Hardy and Chris Pine are the CIA's finest operatives and love nothing more than when they are working together to take down the bad guys or a bad nation but this all gets shattered when they find out they are both dating the same girl Reese Witherspoon, and as you can imagine both boys use all the high priced high voltage toys of the trade that we ordinary folk should use as they will kill you!...these are used by both boys so as to ruin the other's chances with the girl.

Sounds stupid I know as I have in my time watched all manner of stupid films and I bet I can see where this film will be going right away but I wont spoil this for anyone out there that wants to see Tom Hardy looking good in a James Bond style suit.

This film will be hitting the screens of  cinemas on February 17th next year and you may or may not be surprised to know that this has come from the director of Charlie's Angels...so expect at least something to blow up as I think that the first Charlie's Angels film was much better than the second one but then again that could be just me!

No comments:

Post a Comment