Translate

Friday 11 November 2011

Snow White and the Huntsman!

Thanks to Empire Magazine I have seen the new trailer for Snow White and The Huntsman with Kristen Stewart, Charlize Theron, Chris Hemsworth and Sam Clafflin.

This has been directed by Rupert Sanders. This trailer is over at Apple so here is the link if you want to have a gander at this epic what I think has a Brother's Grimm feel to it...I do realise that this story of Snow White was a Brothers Grimm tale but I am talking about the Brothers Grimm film that Matt Damon and Heath Ledger did that showed the darker more gothicky take on all the stories like 'The Gingerbread Man' and 'Repunzal'.

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/universal/snowwhiteandthehuntsman/

I do have to say though that Charlize Theron who is the evil Queen who kills anyone who is more beautiful than herself and who is after Snow White,-Kristen Stwarts character,- she looks fantastic in her costume and she does look frightening as the Evil Queen.

This film though has been produced by the production team behind Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland so I'm thinking that if any production team can make something look epic but also look dare I say this a bit squiffy...I mean all the films of Tim Burton I've seen down from the director himself to the production these films  do seem to have a definite direction telling the story from a kind of distorted point of view...making things look very gothiky and spetacular on an odd scale as you watch these films that Tim Burton's team have worked on and its nothing like you expected it to be, as you don't think that a retelling of a story going to cinemas could be told in that way...I'm thinking here Ed Wood!

Anyhew...I do realise that I have just rambled on about my love for all things Tim Burton and I am quite pleased at myself for not mentioning Nightmare Before Christmas in the same breath as mentioning Tim Burton...oh wait I just did...sorry!

So...anyway this film looks like it is going to be really good when it comes out on June 1st 2012.

And I have to mention the visual effects that give this film its massively epic battle scenes as well as the mirror coming off the wall...I think this has to be a few tips of the cap to Peter Jackson...sorry Empire for copying this but the battle scenes do remind me of everyone from the trees that come to life, the hobbits, elves, and other Fellowship of The Ring members going into battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment