Translate

Friday 11 November 2011

Yet Another Merlin Movie

It was reported by Empire Magazine on the 4th November that Warner Bros. want him to be in the loooooong awaited Akira film but also they have given David Dobkin the opportunity to write and direct this new retelling of this tale as old as time story...I think I've lost count of how many films I've seen that are either telling the tale of Arthur, the Roundtable, Merlin, Guenevere and Lancelot...or are based on this.

I do have to say that I do love the tale of King Arthur and the Roundtable as much as I love Robin Hood, so I can't be too harsh on this as everyone in the world has a soft spot for this.

Anyhew...David Dobkin has said that this new Arthur film will "...will reinvent the mythology a little and make the characters more 'grounded' "


Well...if this is how he describes this new look 21st Century King Arthur movie then it sounds like that these characters are going to be hopefully rounded characters but I hope that Arthur doesn't loose any of his what I think he should be with having a streak of eccentricity about him but also knowing that he has to keep King Arthur safe as he is the King after all.

At the moment Dobkin has his Lancelot this will be Joel Kinnamen who you'll probably recognise from The Killing as he was the sidekick of the Policeman who was in charge of the investigation.

But there is no word on who will be Merlin but Warner Bros. want Gary Oldman to play this which would be a good choice to make.



No comments:

Post a Comment