Translate

Tuesday 23 August 2011

Sherrilyn Kenyon:Retribution

Recently I've got myself back into the habit of reading books as I've been hankering for a good book to read for several months now and thanks to the internet Amazon had brought to my attention two really good books that I bought instantly...well after two days of first seeing these books online and then forgetting the names of the books so when I went into the book shop to buy them I couldn't tell who had wrote them or not...mind like a sieve! lol!

Anyway...after that debacle I finally found out who wrote both of these books that Amazon had suggested I read and the first book was by Sherrilyn Kenyon:Retribution (this is part of the Dark Hunter series of books), and I do have to admit that the build up to this book that Amazon gives the book is not the best build up as Amazon has this book down as a Twilight style book...but it's not a Twilight style book. Well it is and it isn't...some of the characters in the book are shapeshifters like in Twilight (really having to bite my tongue to not spoil any Twihard fans fun who haven't read the books).

But if you have you know what I'm talking about.

But it doesn't have vampires in like Twilight...it has demons, Daimons, greek gods and goddess's, Native American folklore mixed up in the book as well as action from scorpions, plagues and coyotes and a romance mixed into this action. All in all this book was for me really really exciting and a must read as I found myself more often than not wanting to read this instead of watching the tv...and for me that's saying something!

Also I was also finding more often than not reading several chapters instead of my normal reading limit of three chapters, just because I wanted to find out what happened next...it definitly has my seal of approval and I urge you to go and read this.

The second book that I've started reading after Amazon's suggestion is The Poison Tree by Erin Kelly. This is so far an amazing book...very different to the first book as this is set in the present and doesn't have fictionalized ghouls, goblins and monsters. Instead it is a mystery that is Erin Kelly's first novel and from the first couple of chapters that I'm completely and utterly engrossed with I'd have to say that it is fantastic.

I started reading this book the other night after I'd finished the Sherrilyn Kenyon book and I found even though I wanted to just read the first page to see what the book was like before I knew it I'd read about 4-5 chapters.

So if you are feeling the urge to chill out and have a read of something you should definitely read these two as they will literally have you on the edge of your seat!

No comments:

Post a Comment