Translate

Friday 17 June 2011

New G.I name

A new name has been thrown into the mix of who will be in the next G.I Joe film. Well this time, the name that's been thrown is a French actress by the name of Elodie Yung. In case your like me and the name doesn't ring any bells well I''ll help you out...she was in the follow up to District 9...not so originally named District 13:Ultimatum. In this she played Tao who was a tough girl that took on corrupt cops and fought using a knife in her ponytail.

At the moment she is talking with Paramount says The Hollywood Reporter to join Channing Tatum and Dwayne Johnson. In this she'll play a new character Jinx who is a ninja member of the G.I Joe Squad. However, as I was saying in my post before this one as the last Joe film was very disappointing there will be more new characters apart from Tatum's character from the first film. This if I think about it is a good idea as I think this has been done to freshen up the film and make it be taken as a serious action film instead of a joke like the last one...and as I was thinking last night I think this is what Guy Ritchie needed to do as I know he had one amazing film but I think he hung around with the cast of that film 'Lock, Stock and Two Smokin' Barrels' for too long as every film he did after that was the same old, same old with his films being with being of the gangster genre with guns, cockney hard men, girls and bumbling hard men. If you don't believe this just watch 'Lock, Stock...'. 'Snatch', and 'Revolver' and you know what I mean.

You can also see her in the new 'Girl With The Dragon Tattoo' as the lesbian girlfriend of Rooney Mara in this adaption of this hit Swedish film that will now be directed by David Fincher.

Lorenzo di Bonvaventura will produce.

No comments:

Post a Comment