Translate

Sunday 3 July 2011

Dominic Cooper in The Devil's Double


The Devil's Double film stars Dominic Cooper...playing according to Empire Magazine '...unbelievably two main characters...'. But I can't believe that Empire Magazine said this in their online magazine post about this film as playing two characters is to me the most original idea that filmmakers and play writers have ever had...as I remember when I went to an all girl high school all the plays that were put on at the school had some of girls playing two roles in the play and this was never different as Empire Magazine were suggesting in their article.

But I do have to say that from this trailer Dominic Cooper's accent slips a lot so why cast him as an Iraqi soldier/Saddam Hussein's son? If it were me casting this film I would at least cast someone who I knew had an accent that wasn't going to slip constantly into British. But I do understand that there aren't a lot of Iraqi actors out there that's probably why they cast Dominic Cooper but I may be sounding a bit cruel when I say this but I don't think having Dominic Cooper as the main character in the film works as there is one point in this trailer when Dominic's reluctant body double soldier says that Uday Hussein is mad...but to me how he plays Hussein's son to me looks like he is a out of control Chelsea football player who has lots of money and throws it away on expensive cars, gambling, drink and women... not naming any names but the word Ashley Cole springs to mind.

Anyhew...I feel myself ranting. Ludivine Sagnier, Philip Quast and Amber Rose Revah star in this film that is based on a true story about Dr. Latif Yahia al-Salihi and how he was forced to be the body double/fiday of the elder son of Saddam Hussein (Uday Hussein). It's directed by Lee Tamahori, and the script has been written by Michael Thomas. Lionsgate are going to distribute the film but they've also put the money up for this film to be made.

Paul Breuls, Michael John Fedum, Catherine Vandeleene have produced the film. I have just been on the official website for the movie and it says that the film is out at select cinemas on July 19th but on other websites that I've stumbled across so as to get extra info to tell all about this film say that the release date is August 12th 2011. So not really sure what to make of this but I think if the official website to the film says July 19th then I'll believe this.

No comments:

Post a Comment