Translate

Monday 11 July 2011

The History Of Apple Pie

Yesterday I was surfing the web, trying to find any new music news and on the homepage of NME.com's website and they were singing the praises of a new band that they were debating whether or not the name of this band was either the silliest name for a band or whether it was the coolest name that a band could name themselves.

This band is called 'The History Of Apple Pie'. I heard their new song 'Your so cool'. I have to say that this name is in my opinion a random and a name that no one would ever think of calling their band. I just thought that the names that the band could give their fans like the fans of Justin Bieber are called the 'Beliebers'...these could call their fans 'The Apples' (it's cute but funny).

Here is their video for 'Your so cool'...to me they sound very like the The XX and the guitar bit at the start of the song makes me think that it's the introduction to 'The XX' 's song 'Islands'. But eventhough the video is a bit weird with their being a giant icecream, I have to say that it maybe a bit of the band sounding like The XX being to blame but I was bored after the first five minuites to the song, and it may be a little bit cruel but I have to say that I thought that they sounded like the first time I heard The XX on my favourite TV show to watch for hearing new artists as well as my favourite ones....'Jools Holland....Later Live', they were dressed up in black and gave off the air of EMO'S.


I hope you enjoy this.

No comments:

Post a Comment