Translate

Thursday 28 July 2011

New Audrey Tautou rom-com

I heard thanks to Facebook that there was a new French film coming out on August 12th to nationwide cinemas and that it would be starring Audrey Tautou. Beautiful Lies...I've seen the trailer for it and have read the plot of the film.

But even before I set my eyes to this trailer I with a little help from my imagination could guess that this film could be really funny with how it is about how Audrey Tautou's character Emilie is a hairdresser in the south of france and has been recieving a host of anonymous love letters but with her mother just having had her heart broken by her husband who has left her, she gets an idea to forward these letters onto her mother played by Nathalie Baye...which as you can imagine brings with it confusion, dilemmas and complications when this secret admirer of Emilie's is finally revealed, this admirer is played by Sami Bouajila.

Here is the trailer if you want to watch this.



I think that the film is very sweet as the idea for it is very sweet and it is a good intentions plan but the jokes are quite funny these being the bluntness at which Emilie wants her mother to cheer up and find somebody. But I do have to say that I know it's from the director of Priceless-Pierre Salvadori-, which in my mind wasn't very good which might have just been me that found that film not very good but this one looks a little bit more promising. It was also written by Pierre and Benoit Graffin and it will be produced by Phillipe Martin and the studio behind the film is Trinity Film. 

So have a little look and see what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment