Translate

Thursday 7 July 2011

Finally get ready to go Footloose and fancy free!

Finally I have seen the trailer to this film which has made me excited beyond belief as I don't know about you but this is a little bit of a guilty pleasure for me and you know what I don't think I feel ashamed to admit this.


This looks really good and I have to say it looks much more interesting than the Step Up Films or the British equivilant Street Dance 3D. This uses the same storyline as the original which is fine by me as I don't mind saying that the Footloose film was classic and needed no change to happen to it.

But this time Ren McCormack (who was played by the tale as old as time Kevin Bacon, I say this as I saw Kevin Bacon doing an interview for the new X:Men film and he still looks as like he did when he was younger and doesn't seem to have aged at all) is from Boston and goes to live in the small southern town of Bomont where suprise suprise he experiences a big culture shock in that you can't dance or listen to loud music thanks to Dennis Quaid's Reverend Shaw Moore implementing several ordinances after the tragic death of five teenagers who were killed in traffic accident after they were driving home after a night out. And Ren challenges this ban and in turn falls for Ariel the ministers daughter. Ariel will be played this time around by Julianne Hough and the new look Ren will be played by Kenny Wormald.

Also for those who have seen Greencard which is a much loved film of mine that if you haven't seen it you need to as it is good but watchable if you want to watch something better than what's on your TV most nights...Andie MacDowell will be in this. The release date for this is October 14th 2011.

The writer/director of this film is Craig Brewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment