Translate

Sunday 6 March 2011

Dorset Haunts

I don't want to sound too much like a walking advertisement for Dorset and the West Country, but if you ever get time to come down to Dorset do come down. It's great and if you do venture down here there are several things that I have to say are the best things I enjoy doing now that I live here and I have to say these are must-do-things once you get down here . These are:
  • Going to West Bay and having either a Mr.Whippy/99 icecream with a flake whilst sitting on the pebbly beach and watching the waves roll in to the beach. Or you must have a Marshfield Farm icecream in a chocolate topped cone filled with my favourite flavoured icecream Mint Chocolate Chip.

  • Also my favourite pass time has to be going to Urban Bech Retreat in Boscombe Bournmouth for the surf so I can bodyboarding and then going to either the restaurant on the beachfront or up on the hill to have a hot/cold drink. If you decide to have a bite to eat at either restaurant I urge you to try the three types of New Forest Sausages with Mustard Mash and Parsnip Shavings. Or you need to try the Nachos.

  •  Castle Point Shopping Centre in Bournmouth is great for the shopaholic as it has everything from TK Maxx, Robert Dyers,Miss Selfridges,HMV, Marks and Spencers, H &M, New Look etc. However, the only one downside with having shops including the mecca of all mecca's  Thorntons, is it is very easy to get weighed down by all those shopping bags and you always end up spending way too much time there just because you don't know which shop to go in next.

  • If you go to Bridport you have to take a trip into the Bull Pub and Restaurant as it is just so cosy and when you sit on the sofas in the restaurant you'll just want to stay indoors sat next to the fire. The absolute must to eat in the restaurant is the Eggs Royale (with Salmon instead of Ham) and a nice cup of hot black coffee. Yum! Also at night the Bull opens up it's other restaurant The Stavle Bar that has an authentic feel of being in a bar in the barn, but if it's a pizza you want your in luck as they only serve these and pies.  Or if you just want a cocktail then you can go upstairs to their lovely and plush Vesper Lounge Cocktail bar.

  • Also in Dorchester you have to go to have lovely cakes or welsh rare bit at the Bakery cafe where every cake and bun looks good enough to eat so be prepared to look very confused at what you want to eat, and say over and over in your head "Do I want that or do I want that?".
These are my must see haunts down south and I hope you like them as much of me when or if you mamge to get yourself down to Dorset. However, other places you should visit are Poole, Osprey Quay, Weymouth and Swannidge.

No comments:

Post a Comment