Translate

Sunday 3 April 2011

Confusing Batman News

I was just reading obsessedwithfilm.com and I read that after Christopher Nolan finishes 'Batman:The Dark Knight Rises' Warner Bros. will restart the whole Batman story up again.

I was already a little bit sad to hear that Christopher Nolan was doing the last Batman film as I was just thinking last night that he really did make the Batman story more grown up and not like the TV series use to be as that made 'Batman and Robin' a joke, as the characters use to wear those 'Delboy and Rodney' suites, and everyone in Gotham knew that Bruce Wayne was Batman and everybody would just go to Batman and Robin first and you had those stupid comic book lines of 'Kaboom!' or 'Boom!' scrawled across the TV screen.

I was excited to see though that on the TV the other night there was Tim Burton's Batman on ITV2 as I love that version of Batman. It may seem like I do go on a bit about Batman or James Bond or even Tim Burton, but I just am a complete fan nut when it comes to these two film or even this director as I just get really excited about any bit of news that I hear on either of these things. I really love though, Tim Burton's Batman as his film does really look like it took the comic book hero and transported it to the big screen. But I think that Christopher Nolan made the backstory of how 'Harvey 'Two Face' Dent' became his alter ego was a lot better than the ridiculous reason that was in the early films, because to me it's ridiculous and not very credible that Harvey Dent became Two Face while he was prosecuting a mob boss and he had a pot of coffee thrown at him.

But I am really excited about this film coming out and I can't wait to see it at the cinema. I am confused and maybe a little bit bored that Warner Bros. are reinventing Batman after Christopher Nolan's version of the story as I'm pretty sure by now that everybody in the whole world by now knows what the Batman story is by now. So how many times before we all get bored with Batman are we going to see this story reinvented. I wouldn't mind if Warner Bros. got another director on bored to reinvent this story as i'd be interested to see what another director's take on the whole thing was like, but this reinvention is being talked about with Christopher Nolan and Emma Thompson would be producing this film.

No comments:

Post a Comment