Translate

Tuesday 5 April 2011

New Peter Pan

Finally I got to read all my new issue of Empire Magazine last night in peace and quiet, with no interuptions from work phone calls, emergancy deliveries to Ferndown delivery depots or having to go out with previous plans with my sisters. YES!

when I got to the back cover of this issue I was part excited part a little disappointed when I heard that Sky Movies Premier was going to have a new Peter Pan made like Film Four already does, so it sounds like this may be a new 21st century approach from Sky, or thinking about it as Sky is an American owned company they might have seen what Film Four are already doing and seeing the success of some of these films that have been made specifically for itself.

I was excited as Bob Hoskins was back in it as Smee, which to be fair made my feel like this Peter Pan was going to be good as to me there is no other person in my mind that can play this character so well. I do have to admit that any other Pan film that I've seen I always see Bob Hoskins as Smee and I go away from the cinema feeling that 'Yeah it was a good film but where was Bob Hoskins' Smee'. I guess I always think this as I saw 'Hook' when I was little and for me that was the person who should always play Smee as he played it so well, funny but you never forget that he is a pirate that has to endure 'Captain James Hook'.

On the other hand I did feel disapointed at the prospect of there being another Peter Pan as the producers had cast Rhys Ifans as 'Captain Hook'. And Anna Friel has also been cast as a female pirate captain. I don't mind Anna Friel in a movie but I have to admit that I'm not the biggest fan of Rhys Ifans. That is all I'm going to say on the subject of Rhys Ifans as I have tended in the past to go on rants about actors/actresses that I'm not a fan of.

No comments:

Post a Comment